Saturday, September 10, 2011

Update from my phone, don't even begin to edit this one :)

So I guess it's been awhile. I'm finding that I'm the kind of person who doesn't do anything half heartedly. I'm either all in or all out. With that said, my blog and my diet have both suffered in a major way lately. But don't worry, I will eventually find my way back to both.

My blogging life pretty much got put on the back burner in a major way this Summer when my real life was turned upside down. My husband was offered a great promotion in New Mexico which we both originally said "thanks but no thanks" to. But after some humbling soul searching we both realized that this was an offer we could not walk away from. So on Memorial day Travis moved to New Mexico while I stayed behind to allow the kids to finish the school year and sell our house. Travis mostly came home every weekend with a few exceptions here and there where he stayed in NM. It was a long, hard Summer for both of us. We had great family weekends and some wonderful family vacations, but mostly I was miserable without my husband and entire family in tact. These feelings were probably a much needed experience for me because they made me appreciate having my family together even if it means we had to move.

Toward the end of August even though our house hadn't sold Travis and I decided to try to find a way to make the move anyway. We found a house that I'd been eyeing online and sent Travis to
see in person. When Travis went to check out the house he found out that the sellers were
moving even though the house was still up for sale. With this information we decided to put a
lease to buy offer on the house dependent on the sale of our own. We found out that the same
day we put our offer on the house someone else had put a cash offer in as well. We didn't feel very confident that the sellers would choose our offer, but they did. So we went ahead and scheduled our move even though our home in Utah was still unsold.

Well less than a week before our move some people came through who loved the house, made us an acceptable offer and we are now under contract. That news was such a huge relief and answer to fervent prayer. We are keeping our fingers crossed and expecting the sale go go through within a few weeks.

Last week we made the whirlwind move and we are now living in our new home in New Mexico. I can't believe we bought a house that I hadn't seen in person but my leap of faith paid off and I'm pleasantly surprised with the house and neighborhood. The kids are settling into school, and I'm still getting us settled into our home. I should have a computer up and running within a week and hope to be back to blogging soon. I have a very empty house in need of decorating so I'm sure I will have lots to share. Right now I'm just happy to have my family in tact and sitting at the dinner table together every night. Life is good, even in New Mexico.

8 comments:

MarySue said...

Sincerely wishing you well, very well in NM.

pam said...

So glad you are happy and things are going well there. It feels like fall is in the air here so you are probably glad you're where it won't get so cold.

Megan B ♥ said...

Love and hugs to you, Nancy!!

brittanydaw said...

Your presence is already missed here in Utah! I hope you are enjoying NM--I am sure you are loving putting your house together and making it a home!

veryheatherly said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the new house...I'm sure it will be all "Nancied" up soon enough. Is it horrible that I'm happy to hear that your diet has suffered too this summer...I guess there is comfort in numbers!

Sarah@AlpinePoppy said...

I was so happy to see an update from you :). I am happy that things have worked out so well and I can't wait to see your new home! Thank you for sharing your heart, it is amazing how the Lord loves us so much, he helps us make the right choices when we trust Him and when we are willing to act. Love you! { ha, ha, even though we have never met, I just think you are awesome!}

AnMB said...

nice...
can you add my site to your blogroll
http://antechno.com

jaimey said...

Oh my gosh, Nancy, I was just now writing a post about this red velvet bundt cake I made using the recipe you gave me (and the bundt cake pan you gave me) for my shower when you commented on my blog. Seriously, Nancy, that recipe has changed my life! :)

I understand about going through blogging lulls . . . I am an on again, off again blogger too. Much like I am about lots of things. :) But wow, you've been juggling a lot! And a move, alone, is a ton to handle.

That's wonderful how everything has turned out . . . where in NM are you? (My husband is from Albuquerque, and we may end up living there in a few years . . . )

OH, and thanks so much for your compliments about Cate. She is such a sweet, happy girl. (Oh, and Robin Stevens gave me the quilt. I love it, too.)

Hope you and your family continue to ease into life there in NM. :)