Saturday, July 30, 2011

Booties and Blankets

So I actually pulled out my sewing machine the other day.  I've had it packed away since I've been trying to sell my house, but when one of my very Best Friends in the whole world had a baby I figured it was time to get it back out and put it to good use.


I made a baby blanket for my friend Dawn who recently had baby #4.  After having 3 beautiful girls in a row Dawn finally got her boy.  So I decided to help her celebrate this new little one with a new little blanket.


I wish I would have taken the time to do a tutorial on this blanket, but I didn't.  It's very similar to all the other baby blankets I've shown though, and a tutorial for those can be seen here.  The only thing different I did on this one was to put a ribbon around the center of the blanket between my two fabrics.  I also used different types of fabric this time (minky and flannel).  I pulled the colors for this blanket to match these baby booties that my sister Katie's company  makes.


Aren't they the cutest little baby booties you've ever seen?  I was able to get these straight from the source when we were in Portland a few weeks ago.  We were able to visit Puj headquarters and get a behind the scenes tour from Katie and her husband Ben who created Puj.  Katie gave these same booties to an audience full of pregnant women at the Ellen DeGeneres show on Mother's Day.  Here's Katie in front of Puj headquarters and at the Portland Rose Garden. Behind all that beauty is an incredibly talented woman.


Put together I'd say the blankets and booties made the perfect baby gift, Congrats Dawn! 

11 comments:

Lynsi said...

Wow, what a darling blanket! Ben still sleeps with the blanket you made him. (actually you might have made it for Rex, Ben just claimed it) What a great present, I'm sure Dawn will love it! COngrats to Dawn on a baby boy!
Oh by the way, you have quite the talented family!

MarySue said...

Darling blanket and booties. You do so very well. But my real fun was seeing the reunion pics!! Love this grand family. Love Lincoln City. Love Tilamook cheese curds and I even have a Tilly cow Christmas tree ornament! And all too familiar with those Oregon coast gray skies. Look like they didn't hold any of you back. Love to all, msk

Jen said...

So cute. Remember the time I just had a baby too! LOL!! I crack myself up. But seriously, I bought a puj tub and I LOVE IT!!! Tell Katie, GENIUS. Also, Elizabeth loves it. She just sits in there while I pour water over her. She is sooo calm in the bath which can't be said for very many newborns (at least the ones that I have had anyway).

The Cohen's said...

I've never heard of Puj, but now I'm off to look at their things. :) What a beauitful little gift you put together. I think there is nothing better than a homemade gift. :)

Dawn said...

Thank you Nancy! I LOVE the blanket and the booties so much. It was so great to see you and Liz. Thanks for making the trip up here to see me and meet our new little guy. I hope to see you again soon!
xoxoxo
Dawn

bail bonds said...

Beautifully done! Their so lovely.

San Diego Catering said...

What a great present, I'm sure Dawn will love it!

veryheatherly said...

Come back Nancy...we miss you!!!

Amanda said...

Love that stripe! Cute, cute. Those booties are adorable- one lucky mom!

__mitch__ said...

So cute..^_^ Can I have one?

buy rift account said...

Cool! what a lovely little present indeed..