Thursday, May 5, 2011

My-O Cinco de Mayo

I've sure been slacking in my blogging lately, but if you don't find me in this virtual world you really should just assume that it's because my actual world is so great that there's no time for blogging.  Okay so that's not always the case.  But this week it has been.  I made another (yes another) last minute trip to my sister's house this week when my husband had to go out of town for business.  I figure, why should he have all the fun?  So me and the kids jumped in the car with my Mom and Dad and headed South.  I'm so glad we made the trip and that I could spend Cinco De Mayo with my family. 


Tonight my sister Becky let us tag along on her family party that her cute Sister-in-law Ashley threw.  I remember Ashley from when she was just a little kid who liked to sing Broadway tunes (my favorite was her rendition of America from West Side Story).  Well now this Maria's all grown up, recently married, and has a thriving fashion blog.  Here she is with her beautiful sister Leisel who you should know is my all time favorite hair dresser.  Without Leisel My Blonde Ambitions would just be, My Mousy/Dirty Used To Be A Blonde Ambitions. Good thing I've got Leisel. 


Aren't they beautiful girls?  I die for Ashley's skirt.  I guess it shouldn't be a surprise since the girl knows her fashion, it's vintage so I'm pretty sure we can't all rush out and get our own.  Besides knowing fashionable things, Ashley knows fancy party things too.  I'll let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves.

And if the party details aren't eye candy enough, there were plenty of beautiful people to be found too.


The kids really had fun with the sombreros and mustaches.  And the food was some of the best homemade Mexican food I've ever tasted. 


Ashley even spray painted some of these chairs just for the party.  Now that's dedication, but it looked so great I'd say it was definitely worth the work. 

I loved Ashley's name cards.  Here's mine and my Mom's. So sweet, clever and simple; I love them. 



But here's my favorite picture of the whole night.  My sweet Becky, all grown up with her beautiful children, all 6 of them.  She's such a shining example of what Motherhood and family are meant to be, and I love her for that. 


And last but not least I want to wish an extra special Cinco De Mayo to my sweetheart Trav.  We may be in 2 separate states tonight (thanks to a business trip), but May 5 is our wedding anniversary.  11 years ago today we were married.  That decision has been the best decision I have ever made and he has made me a very blessed, happy woman.  Happy Anniversary Bubba! 

9 comments:

Dusty said...

Great post. Her party look so fun! I loved hearing you talk about Becky. She is so beautiful and so is her family. BTW whoever posted right before me had some links under her post about male enhancement things. You may want to take a look at that. I would love to get to see you while you are in town.

ashley in wonderland said...

thanks nancy, you're so sweet!

not to mention speedy! quickest post ever!

the party was really for our anniversary, i just didn't want you to feel embarrassed, but i feel it's safe to tell you that now...

Becky said...

BEST Cinco de Mayo day EVER! Awesomest food and so so fun with the sombreros and mustaches. Thanks for sharing your extra special day with your sis instead of you Bub, I mean hub! Zumba made my night! And you're really making me blush with these compliments, girls. See how pink my cheeks look in that photo?

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

What a great party :) Every thing looks picture PERFECT. I love the different colored chairs, oh and the food look super YUMMY too.

Happy Anniversary :)

-Leah

Cheryl said...

I love all the colors!! How fun! I just realized I was not a follower . . . so now I am! Love your blog! :)
~cheryl

Megan B ♥ said...

What a fun party!! Those chairs around the table are too cute!

Casey said...

those chairs kill me! they are so freaking awesome! looks like it was a fun time :)

Congrats on your feature at Today's Creative Blog! That's how I got here!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

Congrats on the Feature on Today's creative blog! So exciting!
xoxo,
Amy

Leanne said...

What a fun party. I love those chairs! Hey, you're being talked about on Today's Creative Blog! Congratulations!