Monday, May 16, 2011

The Best Day of My Life...Thanks Kim!

I opened my email this morning to see that I had gotten a few new blog comments saying, "Congrats on being featured at Today's Creative Blog!"  What the...?  I pulled up my blog reader to click onto Kim's blog and sure enough, that beautiful lady was sending me some love.  Holy cow.  I've been such a blog slacker lately that I'm feeling very undeserving of her praise.  I had the opportunity to meet Kim in person at the Creative Estates conference I attended last month.   Kim is so sweet and has the kind of personality that immediately draws you in, and makes you feel like you've been friends forever.  I like that kind of a friend, the one you feel like you can dish with: that's Kim (she is completely hilarious). Not to mention that she has super stylish curly hair.  In my opinion curly hair is very had to pull off right, but Kim does it right and makes it look effortless.

So if you're here from Today's Creative Blog, welcome.  I sort of feel like you all showed up at my house unexpectedly this morning which is a complete mess, and I am un-showered and planning to spend the day doing laundry (don't you love it when that happens?)  So I'll do my best to make my house and my blog look a little more shiny for my completely welcome, but unexpected guests.

Here are a few of my favorite past tutorials.  I hope you enjoy them!  I really do plan to pick up the blogging again very soon.  My life has been a bit crazy this last month.  I was away from home most of the month (2 trips to Arizona, one to New Mexico, and most recently to San Diego, I literally walked into my door last night at 10 p.m. after stepping off a very delayed plane.) and I'm not a sophisticated enough blogger to blog remotely or line up guests. No, this here blog set-up includes me, myself, and I; and I blog when I have the time- and lately that's been scarce.  So feel free to follow me in hopes that I'll be soon kicking myself in the butt and getting my blog back on. Thanks for stopping by!



 








Travel Jewelry Case (in my opinion this is a must make!  I've been using this a TON lately)


Anyway thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the tutorials, and follow me for more to come.  

Thanks a million times over to the lovely Kim at Today's Creative Blog. You put a huge smile on my face today, and I can already tell it's going to be "the best day of my life!"

7 comments:

JulieChats said...

Just checked Kim's blog to see what was up today and there you were! I love your projects & can't wait to check out the tutorials...after I get the plain bagel, no cream cheese for the little guy....

Great to "meet" you! Stop over at my place when you get a chance, I'm working on a fun summer centerpiece post...if I ever stop playing waitress, anyway!

http://juliechats.blogspot.com

Jaclyn said...

Im here from Todays Creative Blog. And I am your newest follower! I love your blog I have been browsing through it all morning! =)

~Jaclyn

www.SimplyCadence.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

I'm here from TCB and I'm a new follower too! Love your projects! So colorful and creative!

Angela said...

Way to go Nanc!

veryheatherly said...

That is really cool!! Your blog is fantastic, thanks for all the inspiration!

www.veryheatherly.blogspot.com

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

Love all of your projects!!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

so glad you were surprised! Loving that dress you wore to your hubs awards dinner!
And on the hair.......ha! I'm so happy it looked good to you, you never know with curly hair and honestly, I just wash and go. I'd love to have some long blond straight hair. :)