Friday, May 27, 2011

And the Oscar Goes to...

Hello friends.  I'm just stopping in to say that I'm still here, even if my blog posting is suffering.  Life has been pretty crazy lately.  We're experiencing some changes with my husband's job (good ones - don't worry) which are causing him to travel more.  Those changes are keeping me busy with real life these days.  So as usual, the first thing to be put on the back burner is my blog time.  Hopefully you still like me even if my posting is a little scarce!  Last weekend we were able to celebrate Hallie and her theatrical pursuits.  She was in a little play that she's been practicing for since last Fall.  It was fun to see her up on stage and watch her having fun with her friends.


She did great, and delivered her lines flawlessly.  Just look at that emotion on her face, she's quite the little actress I tell ya.  After the play we took our Oscar winner over to Grandma Jo's to enjoy the Spring weather that we are finally getting here in Seattle, I mean Utah.  Yes, I know it's almost Summer, but we are barely getting Spring here, and the sunny days have been few and far between.


Just look at that happy girl with her golden naked man, and to think we knew her way back when...

The kids had a great time at Grandma's riding their cousin Hunter's Tow Goat.  I don't know if I spelled that right, but my nephew Hunter assured me that's the proper name.  It's kind of a funny little motorized bike that doesn't go very fast.  The kids sure had a fun time riding it.  Look at Hunt the daredevil showing off his stunts. I was cracking up with his one-legged riding.  This kid should take up ice skating, he's got crazy moves.

We pulled Grandma outside to do a photo shoot in front of her beloved lilacs.  She even had a purple shirt on to match, it was sheer serendipity. Grandpa didn't catch the vision of our outdoor spring day though, I think he had better things to do with his time.
The kids even took their own turns behind my camera, I think they did a pretty good job.  


Anyway my posting might remain a little scarce for the time being.  Be patient with me, I will eventually return with more craftiness, but for now real life is calling. 

7 comments:

Deneen said...

Congrats I have a theatre gal too!
You should check out my ticket sign!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MicucciDesigns?ref=si_shop

abby said...

hallie is so cool. she vowed to school me in Just Dance last night but we didn't get the chance. i'm a little nervous because that girl's got moves!

Karen said...

What a lovely family you have. Congratulations!

Alia Dalwai said...

Hi!

Im your follower!

I really really liked your blog!

Keep up the good work!

Do visit mine too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

Alia

veryheatherly said...

Way to go Hallie!!!

pam said...

Congratulations to Hallie! And I love the lilacs. We would have had some lovely lilacs too but somebody around here keeps pruning the lilac bush and so no blossoms!

Autumn said...

Some great friends from dental school live in Albeq. I'll email you their number--they live in a great area and love it. They have a hot air balloon festival every year...