Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Recap

I love Easter Sunday.  It's become one of my favorite holidays to host dinner.  It's a lot of work to have it at my house, but I really enjoy doing it so I keep volunteering myself.  This year I decided to do most of the work for the party on Saturday so that I could enjoy myself more on Sunday.  I think it worked pretty well.  Maybe too well.  I'm kicking myself this morning because I had so much fun at my own party that I didn't even think to once pull my camera out.  Maybe I'll have to invite everyone back to recreate the day.  I keep thinking that I really need more pictures of the people in my life and less pictures of the crafty details.  I figure in 20 years I'm not going to care that much about the things, and I'm going to regret not having pictures of the people.  I at least made an effort to take some family pictures in our Easter clothes after church.  I even put myself in a few of them (something I really don't like doing very often these days).  And yes, I realize we are wearing Christmas colors.  I tried to find other outfits, but this is just what I liked the most for everyone.



We did have our neighbor volunteer to take a family one after he heard me yelling at my kids to, "act normal!"  Because this is how my kids act when we attempt to take pictures.

Like this.


 And like this.


And like this.


This was probably the best we got of "normal."


Here's the one family shot.  I don't love it, and really hesitate posting it.  But, I'm trying to keep it real, and real means I don't always look my best, and Trav has this thing where he squints in 85% of the pictures we take.  I did wear cute red high heels to church, but you can see that I barely made it in the door with them still on, let alone the rest of the day. 


But that's us.  

And here's the only party pics I took, a few crafty details before the guests arrived.  After the guests came I lost my brain. 


And here's a close up of Hallie's brooch.  I didn't make her dress. I had a really hard time finding a dress for her that I liked.  I just feel like now that she's grown out of the little, little girl stuff I don't like the things I find in the 7-14 girls section.  I don't know why they try to make the little girls look like pre-teens these days.  I wish they'd take the littler girls dresses and continue them in the bigger sizes.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right stores.  I guess if I really want what I have in my head I'm going to need some more sewing lessons.  This was my attempt to make the dress I found Springier.  


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! 

15 comments:

Angela said...

Dinner was fantastic Nanc. Thanks for hosting!

Sarah said...

Hallie's yellow flowers are so cute. You all look great!

MarySue said...

Always a pleasure to peek in on your blog and see what cleverness you are up to.

Dusty said...

Hi Nancy! It's fun to see pics of your family. I don't know why you don't like pictures, you are beautiful! Red is a great color on you. It has been ages since I feel like I've seen you. I guess since last summer:) Hope to get to see you this summer.

p.s. Chistmas colors or not, they look great!

Ally said...

OOO!! I want Hallie's dress. So pretty!

Jennifer Woodbury said...

Nancy, you are gorgeous and you have a beautiful family! SO glad you posted pictures of all of you. I love your red sweater!!

Sarah@AlpinePoppy said...

I love Hallie's dress, and I can totally relate to your dress search. I enlisted the help of my wonderful seamstress mother for several years to make my daughters dresses. I hate to tell you this but it doesn't get easier as they get older. My daughter is a tall twelve year old and I swear everything that I see out there is so inappropriate for a 17 year old let alone a 12 year old.
Beautiful Family pictures, I am so glad that you included them.
Happy Easter :)

Jon + Kat said...

I found your blog for the ridiculously cute felt/fabric flower tutorial, and looking through it more, I'm finding we have a funny people connection. I know Angela from a study abroad at BYU, her sister Becky married my cousin Richard, and who knows how many other funny connections are lined up thanks to all that! Your blog is awesome and your ideas are truly adorable! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

pam said...

Even though you didn't take our pictures, we loved our Easter afternoon and evening at your home. The company and the food were great! Sorry I didn't get to see your red high heels!

alissa said...

I love all your family pics Nancy. You are so right about taking more pictures of the people in our lives! Love Hallie's brooch too. I can only imagine how hard it is to find clothes you like for Hallie. I am amazed at what they make for teen girls - most of it is terrible!

Cristin said...

You looked beautiful Nancy! Don't be so hard on yourself. Everything looked lovely. ;0)

Dawn said...

Happy Easter! Looks like an amazing party as always. You are so great at decorating and making your incredible treats look effortless. Your kids crack me up. I can totally picture you yelling at them to act "normal" for a picture. You of course look fabulous, I love your dress! Can't wait to see you next week. Hope it all works out so we can have a day to catch up and do whatever we WANT!! Miss you:)
xoxoxo

Born Blonde said...

Been following for a while but I don't comment very much. Love your blog though.

I have a 16 year old and she isn't about showing skin at all. It isn't the stores you're looking at, trust me. Seems like they make everything pre-teen and up look...well... as a friend would say -- hoochie mama. It's a good thing your daughter has such a crafty mom. :)

veryheatherly said...

You have the cutest family....talk about some kids with personality!

Pink Cake Plate said...

You’ve been awarded! Visit http://pinkcakeplate.com/cake/my-first-blog-award/ for more details!