Wednesday, March 2, 2011

All about OOOPPPRAHHHH!

Well I'm back.  And I have some pictures of my big day with Lady O.  Now the pictures are not very good because we instructed to not bring cameras, and being the rule follower that I am, I didn't.  But they didn't say you couldn't take pictures with your cell phone, so that is how I documented the morning.  Liz and I stayed in the Downtown LA Marriott the night before the big event.  But we hardly even spent 6 hours at the hotel because we didn't get there until 11 p.m. Sunday night, and left by about 5 a.m. Monday morning.  It's hard to look your best on 4 hours of sleep, but we did what we could.


This is me doing my best to curl my hair.  I only had half of it done in this picture. Like my manicure?  On Saturday night we went and got gel manicures, they are awesome.  


Here's Liz beautifying her appendages Saturday. 


Once we'd done what we could to look our best it was time to leave for the Hollywood Bowl. 


We made our way to the Hollywood Bowl parking lot from the hotel and were bussed from there to the Kodak Theater. 


We pretty much stood in line for 3 hours before we got to see the show.  One of the ladies in line told us that the Kodak theater houses 3,000 people, so that is about how many people were in line.  Once we rode the bus to the theater there were more lines to get into the theater and then into our seats.  But it was all worth it.  Before the show started this cute lady named Sally Lou from Oprah's audience staff jumped up on stage and pumped up the crowd.  There was lots of music playing and she pulled some people on stage to dance and get everyone excited.  The energy in the room was amazing and so tangible.  I think everyone was so excited to get to see Oprah and for the chance to be there.  Then when Oprah came on stage everyone went nuts.  Liz and I both got the goosebumps, and I got a little emotional truth be told.  No Beiber Fever here but Winfrey Fever for sure. The actual show taping went very fast.  Too fast, we could have stayed all day.  But it was really fun to be able to see how they did each segment and how it really was taped live.  When they stopped for commercial breaks someone would come out and fix Oprah's microphone, and give her some water and a throat lozenge (she had a cold).  And then the promo music would start back up and the show would go on.  At the end when the taping was done Oprah took a few minutes to sincerely thank the fans for all of their support and for making the trip to come see the show.  She was so gracious.



Anyway I could go on and on about how amazing this trip was, but I'll spare you the gushing.  Thanks Liz for joining, and hosting me!  Aside from seeing Oprah and Liz, I think my favorite thing about the trip to California was a little thing called Pinkberry.  Yum!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks like a great experience.

I may not have Oprah to lure you down here but I do have a pinkberry about 5 minutes away.

Joy said...

You'll spare us the gushing? COME ON, Nancy!!! That's what we want! Alllllllll the details! Congrats on your amazing experience. Do you watch Season 25 on the OWN channel? I am obsessed with it. Did you see them taping there?

Anonymous said...

Jealous! I'm glad you got to have that fun experience! Amye

Dawn said...

I taped the show and watched it Monday night. I was looking for you the whole time. It was an amazing show and I can't believe you got to be there. I am so happy for your wonderful Oprah experience. Can't wait to hear more.
xoxo
Dawn

Jennifer Woodbury said...

So jealous that you were that close to Colin Firth!! ;) Sounds like a once in a lifetime experience.

pam said...

So glad all went well on your little adventure to the Oprah show. You didn't even mention the other very famous people like Colin Firth, that had to be exciting too. But I know that for you it was Oprah, a wish since childhood.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So fun! I'm way jealous! That is one thing I would love to cross off my list, but I don't think it's going to happen since she is done after this season.

Glad you had fun, Nancy!

Rebecca Irvine said...

You looked great and it sounds like an amazing experience!!