Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Recap 2011

I try not to go too crazy with Valentine's Day gifts for my kids. ( I leave that for Christmas).  But I always remember getting a little something, and my Mom making cookies and a nice dinner, so that's what I did.  I do have to confess though that the cookies and dinner were take-out.  I was tired, and with the cookies I rationalized that if I made them we'd all eat too many.  So Kneaders and Chinese take-out were on the menu last night.  Even though the food wasn't homemade the presents were.


My kids each got a Nintendo DS for Christmas, and I've been meaning to make them pouches to keep them in ever since then.  I finally got around to it yesterday.  I thought I was pretty clever with these.  I made a basic pouch like I always do, and then made it so they had a spot for their DS, the charger, and a clear pouch for their games.  Like this.


Cute, right?  Here's the inside of Dallas'. 


These were really simple to make.  Would anyone be interested in a tutorial on them?  I took pictures so I could do one, I'll probably get around to it eventually. 

I feel like half the fun of receiving a Valentine is in it's presentation.  So the kids had to wait until after they ate their dinner, and then I had their Valentine's all wrapped up, pretty and pink.


I think that they liked them. 


Did you notice the name of Hallie's DS game I used in the picture above?  Crafting Mama, it's her favorite.  It makes me so proud :) 

11 comments:

MamaMonki said...

Super cute!

Ryan and Alicia said...

Oh my gosh Nancy...those pouches are SO adorable!! What would you charge for one of those? I have ZERO sewing skills or else I'd make one. I've gotten Emma a case from the store and it is terrible!! What a totally cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

Very cute! Ellie LOVES to play crafting mama & cooking mama!

Dawn said...

You are too cute. I lOVE the fabulous presentation. What a fun mom you are. I would just love to order the nintendo ds holders for my kids. They are perfect! Can't wait to see you this weekend and catch up some more!

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

pam said...

What a great mother! I am sure the kids loved their presents and whatsmore, they'll be less likely to lose their little electronics gizmos if they have a cute case to always put them in after using.

India Tourism said...

very nice post...

The Woolsey's said...

so I just found your blog and I think it's awesome! I love all your tutorials! I would love a tutorial on the ds bag. Thanks for sharing what you do!

bluegreenplant said...

Talented!

Heather Crawford said...

Just found your blog..love!

Yes, a tutorial would be great or you could just make them and sell them...My kids need that little pocket to keep their games in!

Angie said...

Please post a tutorial!! I would love to make these for my girls and they would make great b-day gifts for their friends!