Friday, February 25, 2011

My best for Lady O

Wow!  This is so amazing.  I didn't expect this and I didn't prepare anything.  But off the top of my head I'd like to thank Nordstrom, The Nordstrom Rack, Dillard's, and Macy's.  Oh, and JCPenney you were there too.  We've been spending so much time together these last two weeks that I feel like we've become so close.  It's like we've become one big happy family.  You were there for me when I needed you, and in the end you really pulled through for me.  I couldn't have done it without you.  What?  I'm not winning an Oscar?  I'm just going to Oprah's after party?  Oh, okay.

If you've wondered where I've been the last week or so, the answer is: THE MALL.  Shopping, shopping, shopping like a chicken with it's head cut off.  You know how when you're looking for something for an actual occasion, and you just can't find anything?  Well that was me for the last few weeks.  I couldn't find a single thing I liked to wear to see my pal Oprah.  Nope, nothing, nothing at all. I had money in my pocket and I was ready to shell it out for the perfect outfit, but it was nowhere to be found.  Even though I never found the "perfect outfit"  I decided yesterday I finally just had to pick something and go with it.  In the end I took a tip from Oscar himself and decided to go for the gold.


When you're a curvy girl like me, sometimes you have to use a little bling to distract from your lady lumps and bumps.  So I believe in accessories (and Spanx), in fact I swear by them.  When you want to distract from your figure, I figure that gold, diamonds and pearls are the way to go.  And I finally struck gold, and found my salvation at Nordstrom Rack yesterday.


I'm wearing this green, button down, 3/4 length collared shirt with a denim blazer (it also has 3/4 length sleeves) paired with black jeggings and this scarf from Old Navy.  In Oprah's letter (that she sent to me after I won tickets to come see her) she requested that I wear bright colors.  So seeing how green is my favorite color -and Oprah's- I'm going with a bright green shirt.  And I found the perfect accessories to go with it at Nordstrom Rack.


I die for this necklace (said in true Rachel Zoe fashion).  Isn't it pretty?  And it was such a steal too, normally $48, but I got it for $14.97.  I love a good bargain.  And these shoes were pretty exciting to me too.  They were a little more than the necklace, but were 35% off so I felt pretty good about them.


Then I came home and paired it all with some jewelry that I already owned.  I'm not sure if I'll wear the gold dangley earrings, or the big pearls. Most likely the pearls, but I'll take them both just in case.


It's all a bit much maybe.  But I kind of go for big and gaudy when it comes to jewelry, and costume doesn't make me feel one bit cheap.  That diamond ring there is very much fake, but I love it all the same.

And don't worry I plan to document this trip as much as I can (I'm not entirely sure that I can take my camera into the show, hopefully I can snap a few shots on my iPhone) and share it all with you.  And if you're reading this post wondering just what the heck I'm talking about, see this post to explain it all.   Maybe in a week or so when I come down from my Oprah high I'll get back to crafting :)

9 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

So excited for you!!! I'd go with the pearl earrings. I don't think your outfit or bling is at all over the top. Make a statement and you might even get a little shot on tv because they think you look perfectly fabulous. Love every moment and soak in all the splendor! Have fun!!

pam said...

The outfit looks perfect for the occasion. Thanks for letting me shop with you even though you didn't find much that day. Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to your posts about the experience.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Love the jewelry!! You will look great in that outfit.

Jacque said...

have a great time, nancy! you'll look beautiful! i love green!

Becky said...

Ahhhh I am so excited for you!!!! I've been thinking about you all day wondering what you finally picked out to wear and I must say, excellent choices! Love the cute jewelery. Can't wait to hear more.

Kalen said...

OMG... I LOVE that scarf. I need to make a trip to the mall!!! And love all of the pearls & bling! *sigh* You're going to look STUNNING!!!

Katie Richardson said...

Yahoo!!! You have a gift for words my dear sister, and you always make me laugh! You really should have majored in communications or journalism.

Joy said...

I know this post is old news now, but I just got home and am reading it tonight...and just had to pipe up that I have those shoes, too! I love them! LOVE them! All the jewelry you got? Gorgeous!!!

~Cari said...

One of my best friends and I always say we are gonna invent Ganx- garments and Spanx LOL. Wouldn't that be nice? :)
I LOVE the outfit. I've been to a few shows and the colors are perfect!