Friday, December 17, 2010

Santa came early...

Remember this?


Well, pretty much if I get an idea in my head there's not a lot that can stop me.  Hence my new entertainment unit with room for plenty of chotchkes (that part is very important).


Ignore the night time shot and bad lighting, what do you think about our early Christmas present?  Somehow new curtains warranted a new TV and entertainment center.  What do you think?  We had Travis' Dad build it for us and Travis and I painted it.  They brought it over for us last night, and of course Travis and I couldn't wait to paint, so we painted from about 10 p.m. to midnight last night, and then I finished it up this afternoon.  Travis couldn't wait to get it put together so he could plug the TV back in.  I think these boys are already enjoying it.  (Can you spot my new bathroom shelves in the background?  Trav's Dad made those too, I'll show you them once I get them finished and put in place.)



It's kinda big, I realize that.  We planned it to fill the space, and I think we accomplished that.  It might be a bit too big for the space actually, but not a lot I can do about that now.  The reason it's so big is because Travis wanted room for a big TV, and well I had to have shelves.  Forget about the TV, I'm excited about all the new shelves I have to put stuff in.  I thought I'd give you a before shot so you can appreciate the after once I get it filled.


What do you think?  Have you ever put up new curtains only to have them make you realize your whole room needed an overhaul?

10 comments:

Liz said...

LOVE IT!! Looks gorgeous!~

Courtney said...

Travis' dad is a good guy to have around - no wonder you like living by your inlaws! Can't wait to see it all decorated.

terrah said...

I love it! You are so lucky to have something custom built! And yes, we bought a new tv a few weeks ago, and now I want a new entertainment center... and a few other things for my family room!

pam said...

Looks great! Kent's carpentry and your painting go together well. I am sure you will enjoy your new wall unit.

abby said...

i love it! and how cool that your father-in-law made it- that makes it heirloom furniture. (fun to see you tonight!)

The Peach.... said...

Congrats! So happy for you! It is gorgeous....

Katie Richardson said...

It looks fantastic Nancy! I like the little shelf under the TV for your extra "units". Now I can't wait to see what little "doo dads" you put on the shelves!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

I love it! It's so simple, but really pretty! Can't wait to see what you fill it with!

Sow Cute! said...

I was looking on the internet and i saw your blog. I like wat you make and all the tutorials are very good!. I live in Holland, but i like to follow you!

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://myblondeambitions.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.
Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com