Sunday, December 5, 2010

An idea worth sharing


I've been on the hunt for some new glasses for a while now.  Although I wear contacts every day I still have to have a pair of glasses to wear at night and in the morning, and on the off day that my contacts are bothering me.  I was determined to find some cute ones, but felt like everything I loved was way out of the price range I wanted to spend.  So when I saw my friend Julie wearing the cutest Kate Spade glasses I had to know where she got them, and she let me in on a little secret.  She had gotten her glasses at Nordstrom, they are a pair of reading glasses that they sell there, and she took them to her eye doctor and had him change them out to her prescription.  So smart! I didn't you could do that, but you totally can.  So I found myself a new pair of cute readers and did the same thing.  I kind of thought that I was going to get away with some designer glasses for a fraction of the designer price, but all said and done with good lenses and anti-reflective coating and everything, they weren't cheap.  Oh well, they're cute.  Hopefully Julie doesn't mind my spilling the secret, but I think when you have a good idea like that people need to know. So I'm telling you, and of course I had to make a pouch to put them in, right?



But I'm not the only one with some new glasses around here.  Hallie got her eyes checked and found that she needed some as well.  Although she doesn't wear them very often because her prescription isn't all that strong, (or necessary if you ask me) I sure think she looks cute in them.

View photo.JPG in slide show

(I realize that I have a huge picture of my glasses and a tiny picture of my daughter but this pic was taken on my cell phone and it gets all pixelated when I try to enlarge it, I do love my daughter more than my glasses :)

5 comments:

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

that is a very good idea. I wear contacts as well, and I am in desperate need of new glasses. My lenses in my current pair are like 7 years old!

Rebecca Irvine said...

Smart idea. I have put off getting new glasses for about four years since the presecription had not changed and I only wear them (as you do) in the am and late pm. I will have to get some new frames this way and then switch out the lenses.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those ARE cute!! Have you ever checked out Zenni Optical? I found them a couple years ago and love it!! I wear glasses at night and 3 of my kids wear glasses. I got mine for $20 and they are stylish. Here's the website if you ever want to check it out.

www.zennioptical.com

Love the Kate Spade ones you have though!

xox
Jen

Kate said...

@Jen- I was just going to suggest zenni optical! My husband, myself, my sister and her husband have all recently gotten glasses from them. GREAT deals there, just be sure to get your dr. to measure the distance between your pupils b/c that isn't typically written on your glasses prescription.

pam said...

I have some new glasses on order. They are even very similar to yours, just don't say Kate Spade on them. Hope I like them when they finally get here.