Monday, December 13, 2010

Homemade Christmas Gifts

Hallie mentioned a while back that she would like a purse for Christmas.  So today while I was out and about I was perusing the aisles of stores looking for a purse for her.  But when I decided all the purses I was looking at were rather ugly I thought, "maybe I should make her one."  And seeing how I recently made two bags for friends' daugthers I figure my own deserves as much.  Here are the bags I made for my friends.

I forgot to take pictures of Liz's purse (for her cute Elyse) before I gave it to her, so these are really bad pictures I took on my cell phone when we met up for lunch, but you get the idea.  I thought it turned out really cute.



I also made a simple little wallet to go with the purse for Liz. 


Then for April's daughter I made a scripture tote.  Cute, right?  I actually remembered to take a picture of this one, so it looks a lot better.  It's the same pattern as Liz's purse, just a smaller version.  One of these days I'll do a tutorial for this, it's just hard to do when you're trying to hurry and there's so many steps to document.



Hopefully I'll get Hallie's done before Christmas.  How about you, do you make your kids homemade gifts?

7 comments:

Brandy said...

Those are cute! I love that pink and zebra combo!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

Very cute! I love the flower on the top bag. Soo fun!

Liz said...

They are GORGEOUS!!

pam said...

They turned out great! Love your fabric combinations. Lucky friends on yours. Hope Hallie gets one just as cute.

Kyla's Mommy said...

I love these purses!! They are absolutely adorable. How did you make them? I would love to make some for my daughter. She loves purses!

kimber said...

Those are too cute. Do you sell them? I want to order some for my girls. How much??

Allison said...

Hey Nancy! I want to know if you will sell me one of the purses that you made for Liz. I have a niece and she would love it. It's no rush, but maybe sometime around the end of January? Can you email and tell me how much and if you could make it in the same fabric as the one you made Liz? sactowncarters@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Allison