Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Dick and Jane pouch for sweet Jane

Are you sick of my pouches yet?  You very well could be.  Apparently I'm not yet because I keep on making them and finding new purposes for them.  Last month was my cute niece Jane's first birthday and I of course wanted to make a homemade gift for her party.  But, I didn't have a lot of time on my hands that weekend, so I purchased a set of these vintage looking Dick and Jane alphabet books at Costco and made a cute pouch to put them in.  I was in such a rush (made the pouch right before the party) that I didn't snap any pictures of the project, but had my sister Angela send me some, and I thought I'd share them with you.


This is the pouch, it's pretty large actually because it holds 26 of these little books.  


What do you think?  Cute, right?  I really liked the idea of the book pouch for a gift, I think it just makes the book that much more special.  If you'd like to make your own, here's the pouch tutorial, just adjust the size to fit your needs.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you again for the sweet gift!

Brandy said...

Oh so very cute! I love your use of cameo buttons!

Becky said...

Way to jazz up the gift, Fancy! Love it :)
p.s. I miss you. Why do you live a state away again?