Thursday, October 7, 2010

A treat that's sweet


I made these fabric flowers over the weekend and can't wait to put them to good use somewhere. I'm thinking a headband or brooch.  I'll be sure and show you what I come up with, I've got some headband ideas that I'm really excited about.  If you want to make the cute fringe kind Cheri has a great tutorial, I'm so glad she shared it because they are so fun and easy.  My fabric flower tutorial for the others is here. 

I'm really in love with this color combination lately. The problem is that small things like seeing these flowers looking so cute makes me want to go buy yards and yards of fabric in this combination to make curtains and pillows for my family room.  I keep trying to remind myself to slow down and think about it for a little while first.  I tend to buy, buy, buy when it comes to crafting supplies and I need to make the projects I've already bought for before I buy more.  Does anyone else have that problem?  

Martha Stewart was on Oprah yesterday and Oprah was like, "why crafting?" Now I love Oprah, but here's where we differ.  I couldn't survive without crafting.  There's something in me that has an intense need to create, I guess I didn't realize that it's not innate to everyone.  For me the desire to create and craft is almost as strong as the desire to eat is.  That's probably why my fabric closet and I are both a little over stuffed.  Maybe next time I want a cupcake I should just grab one of these flowers instead, I think they're quite a treat!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Those are pretty. I've been wanting to sew some yoyos and put buttons in the centers of them for flowers. I'll have to try yours too.

Lynsi said...

Nanc.
I love your writing, you always make me laugh! And I love your need to create and craft...and for sharing it! These flowers are darling!

kimber said...

I wish I had a problem of buying too much craft material to make things. My problem is buying too much stuff already made and not have to do anything myself! hmmmm, do you call that lazy?

kms said...

Love your craftiness.
Did you see anyone you know on Oprah? =)

Fawn Becker said...

I am the same way about crafting. I have to do it! My mom is the same way so that is where I probably get it. I love these cute flowers you make, I made some of my own yesterday. Thanks for sharing all your fun ideas :)

Emily said...

kee-ute. i love those little flowers. thanks for reading, and glad i found you. xo
Emily

pam said...

So what crafts do you have planned for while Becky and crew are here? You know we are all counting on you to come up with something fun.

Megan B ♥ said...

You know, when I went to Russia to teach English in Russia back in 1995, it was fulfilling this intense burning NEED within my soul to do it. I was shocked at how everyone in my life thought I was a total lunatic. It didn't appeal to them at all and they couldn't understand why I would even consider it, much less do it with gusto and joie de vivre. For my part, I couldn't believe that they were serious, that they weren't wildly jealous of my good fortune. I realized then that we all must follow our passions to keep the world spinning around and that the differences are what keep things interesting.