Monday, October 11, 2010

Hallie girl gets her party

Last night we had a family party for Hallie's upcoming birthday.  I love to get together with my family, but it's really no small feat.  A family party for us around these parts (where the majority of both of our families live) entails around 40 people coming over for dinner.  It's a lot of work, but the results are worth it and I would really hope that "a lovely time was had by all." (That phrase is sort of an inside joke in my family because it's a famous phrase of my Fathers.)  Anyway I won't bore you with a lot of wordy details, but rather show you what it was like.




Here's the birthday girl with her party cake.  It was a lot of fun to make, I'll give you details on that in a later post, but basically I just put a lot of candy on a cake, but we were all impressed with the results.


I had recently bought a huge block of caramel so we had to make some dipped pretzels, don't worry, I'll show you how to make those in another post as well.


Of course I can never just make  a cake, so there had to be some cupcakes as well. 


I put up a few decorations, but didn't have time for as many as I would have liked.  Oh well. 





Ignore the bad lighting, but here's the inside of the cake.  It was a lot of fun to make, I'll show you in a post later this week.  But if you want to see how there's tons of tutorials out there.  Just google rainbow cake tutorial.


Here was Hallie's favorite part.  She started asking if she could open presents as soon as people arrived, but I made her wait until the end.  There's a present that Hallie's been asking for for about a year now, and she finally got it.


A guitar!  I know, what seven year old really needs a guitar that they don't know how to play, but Hallie has been very insistent on getting a guitar.  She's kind of a rock star at heart.  So now with her new guitar and Selena Gomez CD I think she's ready to rock!  Happy Birthday Hallie girl, we love you!

9 comments:

Christina, Tyler & Logan said...

I love your cupcake stand. Can I ask where you got it?

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

love the cake, inside and out!

pam said...

A lovely time really was had my all. Thanks so much for inviting us all, we had a great time. Happy Birthday Hallie!

abby said...

everything looks amazing! the cake? wowza!! so sad we missed it.

Ashley said...

A guitar is an excellent gift! I want to learn how to play myself:) Sounds like she had the perfect birthday!

erin said...

Wow, I love the cake, cupcakes, and all the fun decorations! I bet Hallie had the best birthday ever!!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Hallie! I am in love with the birthday cake! You are incredible. Hope to see you soon!

Em said...

I need to come to birthday parties at your house.

Amanda said...

That has to be one of the neatest cakes.