Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Turquoise Challenge

The CSI girls are hosting a crafting challenge based on projects that are the color turquoise.  This got me thinking about my love of the color turquoise.  It's one of my all time favorite colors, and definitely my favorite color to craft with.  


But probably my favorite project I've done with turquoise is my thrift shop cabinet redo.  I bought this cabinet at Saver's thrift store for $7.  With a bottle of spray paint and some new decorative knobs I transformed it with the color of turquoise.  I LOVE the results! 

BEFORE 

AFTER

Transformed by turquoise!  Well, I call it turquoise anyway.  The can calls it Blue Ocean Breeze, but I'm pretty sure that's just fancy talk for turquoise.  




Visit thecsiproject.com


9 comments:

MarySue said...

That cabinet is a great transformation. You always inspire me. Happy day my friend.

katskraps4kids said...

you are very inspiring to me too...

I was so drawn to that color combo - the orange with the turquoise- GORGEOUS!!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh how I LOVE this color! I did my kitchen in these colors. Love the little cabinet!

Chrissie said...

Beautiful. I love all of your fun bright colors! Isn't color awesome. This cabinet was a steal for $7!

Renze said...

Very pretty! I was wondering what ocean blue would look like on furniture...almost the same as their "aqua," which is what I used on my projects.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - that is gorgeous!! I love it. Such a beautiful project!

xox
Jen

cj said...

Nancy - you are AMAZING. I love the cabinet. I live in Utah and would love to go shopping with you. I really miss Mandi and you could be my adopted daughter!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Beautiful!!! I love the way you've styled it too. :) Stopping by as this week's CSI Judge. :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it's so pretty and it all just looks so happy together!