Thursday, July 29, 2010

How Sweet It Is!


Blog, what blog?  Okay so I've been a bit neglectful in my blogging this summer, but that doesn't mean that I don't think about it, and plan for it.  It just means I'm out having fun, and relaxing with my kiddos. We had some of our favorite friends and neighbors from Arizona, the D family, visiting this last weekend.  It's always fun when they come because we tend to take advantage of the fun things to do around here a little bit more.  One of the highlights of the visit for the kids was a trip to the Sweet's Candy Factory in Salt Lake City.  When I told you about their taffy here I decided it would be fun to take a tour, and so we did.  The kids (and Laurie and I) had a great time.  There are no pictures of the actual tour-it's top secret-no cameras allowed.  But we did manage a few pictures of us in our ultra flattering factory hair nets, and of course there are some of the candy (the best part). Sorry, there's no giveaway this time (I don't think I could pry this taffy from my kids' sticky fingers).


Now that the summer is winding down I'm trying to hype myself up to become an uber-turbo blogger.  I figure I'll need something to distract me from the fact that I'll be so lonely.  I get emotional just thinking about both of my kids being in school all day.  I told Travis yesterday that I feel like I will have lost my purpose in life (when my kids go to school that is), so I guess I'll have to find a new one (at least Mon.-Fri. from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. anyway) or start homeschooling.  But my kids vetoed that idea, and to tell you the truth we'd probably take a few too many field trips if I was the teacher. Candy factory tours?  That's educational...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

we took that tour a few years ago too. it was fun! my kids thought the best part was the chocolate machine that could only be cleaned with...chocolate.

and i love salt water taffy!

pam said...

Hope y'all ate afew pieces of salt water faffy for me. See you in a few days.

Toria said...

ok- lets do this tour again when I come with my kids to hang out with you ok?
sorry- still no details on when we'll be there (to say that things are a little up in the air over here is an understatement :)
my mouth is watering!

Ashley said...

I'd love to go to your home school - my kids too:). I know you will find some fun crafting activities to keep you busy! Congratulations on Travis' new job:) We'll be seeing him Friday I think.

The Peach.... said...

Ok, we are totally going to do this tour....and yep, I'm with you, I am having serious anxiety about school starting and my kids being gone. Waaaaaaa!

Rosey said...

Oh I love taffy! Sadly living in Australia it is much harder to get my hands on. It just means when I do I enjoy it even more :D. We are even using it as part of ours favours for our upcoming wedding, bunting too which is how I came across your blog. Thanks for tips!