Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th!



We're headed off to my sister-in-law's 4th of July party.  Now that I look at this picture I wish I had made these cookies for tonight, alas, I did not.  I actually am taking store bought treats.  Gasp, I know.   Oh well, they will still taste good.  But you can still make these cookies, they are some of my favorites.  Here's the recipe.  Happy 4th of July weekend!

Melt-A-Way Cookies
3/4 c. Cornstarch, sifted
1/2  lb. butter (2 sticks)
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1 c. flour

Beat butter and other ingredients until creamy. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, let cool and frost. (Note, I think these work best when the butter is almost entirely melted, if your dough comes out crumbly add a little milk to get a creamy consistency. They also usually have a runny frosting drizzled on top, but I made mine a little thicker so I could pipe it, and I also added some almond extract to the frosting which I think lent itself well to these cookies. Also note, these cookies are very small, I used about a teaspoons worth of dough for each one -give or take- no actual measuring as the dough is sticky and will stick to a cookie scoop.) Enjoy! 

8 comments:

Songberries said...

I just wanted to let you know I gave you some awards!
You can find out about them here~
http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/07/ive-been-given-2-awards.html

Megan B ♥ said...

Mmmmmm...... delicious AND pretty!

Jill Bagley said...

mmmm, i wished i had not seen this picture.
i would have made these for my bbq tomorrow. now there is no time.
bellisimo!!!

TheNormanFive said...

Those look heavenly....

brittanydaw said...

when I make those cookies, they jsut don't turn out as cute as yours!

AaReAn said...

I LOVE YOUR MELT AWAYS!!!! By far the best I have every had! :-)

Angela said...

Aarean wants your frosting recipe, but I wasn't positive what it was so you should post it!

Em said...

yum