Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer, Scouts, and Sleeping In

Since my kids have been out of school there hasn't been a lot of crafting going on around here.  Unless you count the patches I painstakingly (I'm not kidding, there was a lot of unpicking and resewing going on) sewed onto this snazzy Scout shirt.


But a cut-back-on-crafting Summer is fine with me.  We've been having fun staying up late, sleeping in, playing with cousins and neighbors, and last night we went fishing.
 

Dallas had his first Cub Scout Pack meeting, and the whole family went along to enjoy the evening.


We went fishing at a neighborhood pond.  I continue to be amazed by the beauty around us here, and by the cool Summer evenings.  Arizona is HOT in the Summer, even at night.  So I truly appreciate these COOL Utah Summer nights.

We're on the cusp of Family Reunions, a Mom and Dad only vacation for me and Travis, Dallas' baptism, and visiting friends and relatives.  I love this time of year, and am so happy the kids are out of school.  Yea for Summer!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't get the darn scout lady to call me back in our new ward. I'm not really looking forward to monthly pack meetings but Seth is.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Sewing on scout patches is the curse of a mother's life. But the boys love it so much. What's a mom to do but stitch away?

alissa said...

Wonderful pictures Nancy - it is so beautiful where you live! It sounds like you have a great summer planned - enjoy it!
Alissa

Em said...

its so cute when they start scouts

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I love summer and your post was the epitome of it! LOVED it!

pam said...

I want to know if any fish were actually caught on the fishing expedition!