Monday, June 7, 2010

Eight is great


Yesterday my sweet boy turned eight years old.  For whatever reason I have a really hard time seeing my children age.  I love every stage that they are in, and it breaks my heart to see it all move too fast.  I remember so vividly the day Dallas was born, from the minute they placed him into my arms I was in love.  I just kept repeating, "he's so beautiful, he's so beautiful."  And I still think that every time I look at him.

I don't talk about this much, and I'll spare you the details.  But we have been trying to have another child for the last three years now.  This is something that daily tears at my heart.  We've had some fertility treatments that have been unsuccessful, but I still hold hope that some day there will be more babies that will be as beautiful as the two I already have.  But if for some reason that doesn't happen, I feel so blessed and appreciate the opportunity I already have to be a mother.  Children were something that I always wanted, and motherhood is something that I've always aspired too; I consider it the highest calling in this life.

It might seem odd, but a lot of why I craft and blog is to fill the void of a baby.  I get a lot of fulfillment out of creating, and so I appreciate that you let me share that with you.  I wish that I could comment back to all of the kind words that you leave, I enjoy every morsel. Thanks so much for caring, it means a lot to me.  

12 comments:

Claire said...

You're an inspiration to me, Nancy. I have so enjoyed following your life for the past couple of years. You're one of the reasons I started my blog!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Dallas! Love you Nanc :)

Austin said...

Happy Birthday Dallas! What a cute cake. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Austin said...

Austin has been ussing my computer. The above message is really from Pam!

Betty Bake said...

would you be open to trying something natural? I have had ovulation problems and a friend of mine to - we have both taken natural meds and our bodies have come right - i now have a period and my friend has fallen pregnant same for my sister in law to - hope you don't mind me writting this. we have had dramatic success with a substance called macca and another called inositol and we take chaste berry tincture. Just thought i would mention it to you. google or look on naturalnews.com about macca and inositol.

Betty

Becky said...

Happy Birthday nephew! I can't believe you're eight, either! I was living in VA the day you were born and remember talking to your mom on the phone to get all the details. Having kids is a miracle, for sure, and Nancy's are extra miraculous in spirit, no? But you already know that of course! Love the birthday cakes & wish we could have celebrated in person with you!

B

Courtney said...

Happy birthday Dallas! I was just thinking about the boys' second birthday party last week. How do they grow up so fast.

And even though I don't ask about it, I think about your baby journey frequently. It's good to have an outlet - crafting seems much more fun than the 60 hour workweeks I used.

marloalder said...

Nancy you are such an amazing woman. You make me want to be better,& I have always thought that. Hang in there. And kids grow up to fast, I have a 10 year old!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

You deserve every happiness and you are such a fantastic mother to those amazing children that call you Mom as well as to the other children that are lucky enough to fall under your stewardship and/or within your special, vibrant circle of sunshine.

Jennifer Woodbury said...

Happy birthday Dallas! Nancy, I feel the same way about watching my kids grow up. It is bittersweet for sure.

I also think about you a lot and hope that your wish for another baby comes true soon. It's just not fair that some people have to struggle so much when it comes to having babies.

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Dallas! I can't believe our kids are already so old. When did we get so old. LOVE the birthday cake! So much talent in those hands:)

Joy said...

xoxo