Tuesday, June 1, 2010

All cleaned out

I spent a major portion of my day yesterday being very uncrafty amongst my craft supplies.  My craft closet was in dire need of organization, so I picked up a few things from Ikea, and set about organizing my supplies. Travis helped by adding a new shelf, now I have even more places to put things.   I think it looks much better now, and am enjoying the harmony the organization brings to my craft supplies.  I didn't take a before picture because that would go against my "don't put bad pictures on the Internet" philosophy.  But trust me that this is much better than it looked like on Sunday night. 


My favorite part is the labels I put on everything.  


I got them free from Katie at Favorites and Things.  You can get them too, see her download here.  I just printed them off, cut them out, and taped them onto my boxes.  

Done and done.  Except for my fabric.  Notice I didn't show you much of the bottom of the closet.  That's a whole other project unto itself that I've filed in my someday cabinet. 

9 comments:

Toni said...

I'm throwing up from your organization. Cleaning out my Craft Closet is on today's agenda! You just reminded me of what I have to do. Ug. But, if it turns out as FABULOUS as yours, I'll be thrilled!

Katie said...

That looks so good! I love all of the cute boxes. I'm so glad you used the labels, I'm so excited to see them in action!! Thanks for telling me about the post so I could check it out.

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

I LOVE IKEA storage solutions! I need to get down there and buy more for my craft room!

pam said...

So nice to look so organized. I need you to teach me how to print things off blogs that offer free designs.

Angela said...

Cute, cute! Are all your boxes from Ikea?

Nancy said...

yes, they are all from Ikea, but the boxes that are more Maroon in color are a few years old. The rest is new.

Sandra said...

It looks so good, and organized. I can't wait until my craft supplies are organized. You'd be shocked if you saw my craft space right now. EMBARRASSING!

Aurora said...

Hi, Just found your blog through Hodge Podge Rocks. you are so creative! love all the ideas and your kids are beautiful.

Glenna's Garden said...

Wow I love what you did here. Very nice and organized. I like the color scheme too.