Friday, May 28, 2010

Like Bling for your Feet

Warning: there are about to be feet on my blog.  But I promise they are not my feet.  I feel a little weird about putting pictures of my feet on my blog, it's kind of outside my comfort zone.  So instead of showing you this fun pedicure with my own feet, I'm showing you pictures of cute Hallie's little six year old feet instead.

Have glitter toes been all the rage in the pedicure scene where you live?  They are huge here in Utah.  I kind of thought they seemed fun for little girls, but wasn't sure if I'd like them for myself until Hallie and I had a pedicure day recently.  Now I'm pretty sold, and think they are really fun for the summer season.  The idea behind these is that with the added glitter and gel layer the pedicure will last longer than normal.  We're only on day 2 here, but so far so good.  I'll have to let you know if the homemade version lasts extra long, but even if it doesn't I'm still liking it.

I stopped into Sally's Beauty Supply the other day for some Bobby Pins (I don't like the grocery store variety, they don't hold my hair very well).  Anyway while we were in there Hallie and I decided to get the supplies for glitter toes.  I picked up a new nail polish, fine glitter, and this product called Gelous.  The nail polish was on sale for $2, and I believe the glitter was $0.99 and the Gelous was around $6, so for under $10 Hallie and I are set with pedicure supplies for the summer.  Even if you don't try glitter toes pick up a bottle of the Gelous, it's an awesome, thick top coat.


Okay so this is really simple.  First paint nail polish onto your toes (we did one toe at a time and only needed one coat).  


Then take your glitter and sprinkle it all over the toe.  You want a really thick amount of glitter.  I put some tissue paper under our feet to catch the glitter.  


Then kind of wiggle your toes to get the excess glitter to fall off. 


Then let that dry for just a few minutes and put a coat of the Gelous over top of the glitter.  A little bit of the glitter will come off onto the brush, but not very much, most of it will stay on your toe. 



Voila, glitter toes!  These would be fun in some other colors, but I'm a red pedicure kind of girl. 


 It will take a little while for the excess glitter to wipe off of your toes, it's super fine and kind of sticks to your feet.  But just use a dry q-tip and dust off around your toenail.  I can't wait to try these in some other colors.  Go ahead and try it, I  hope you add some glitter to your summer pedicures!

13 comments:

Joy said...

Darling!!

So my SIL had the 'real' glitter toes done, and we went and got a pedi while she was here and they had to sand it all off with a drill. Is the gelous the same way? Or does it come off with nail polish remover?

Rebecca Irvine said...

My daughter Katie and I think we should try this. Looks very cute!

Becky said...

Love it! We've been doing glitter toes over here, too. Didn't know that the toenail industry was making special glitter, too, I've just used the super fine stuff from Michael's.

Cute toes, Miss Hal!

Steph said...

I learned about glitter toe's from you last summer. So fun! You will have to show me when I come this summer. I really like the red!!

A Wedding Story said...

How fun! It looks like Dorothy's red slippers!

just me said...

we did it this afternoon thanks to you, nancy. so so much fun!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

So cute! My daughter would love this. Sweet little feet!

-heather

anne maskell said...

very cute! I will try this with my little nieces. I'm visiting from the weekend wrap up party!

pam said...

Such pretty red glitter toes! We'll have to have you give them to everybody at the family reunion, unless like one of your readers said, the stuff is impossible to get off.

Tere said...

Love the fat little piggies! We usually just buy the glitter nail polish...less messy but I'm sure your daughter loves seeing the glitter put on her little piggies!

terelauritsen.blogspot.com

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those are the cutest toes I have ever seen! We are doing glitter toes tomorrow to celebrate school getting out!

XOXO
Jen

Megan B ♥ said...

She sure has some cute feet! I am picturing some for Miss Kinley, thanks! Of course, you may have seen what a disaster I made of my own feet.... I do a little better on Kinley :)

Anonymous said...

like to suck her little toes.