Monday, May 17, 2010

Life and things

I'm not dead.  My sister facebooked me the other day wondering where I was because I hadn't posted on my blog in a whole week.  I guess that's unusual for me.  You can pretty much count on the fact that when there's a lack of blogging there is a little more living going on in my life.  We've been busy and to tell you the truth there has been a major lack of blogworthiness going on around here.  I just haven't been feeling all that crafty.  Yes it happens, even to me.  But I'm okay with that because sometimes you've just got to live life.

And I feel like my last post was very ill timed.  I hope I didn't give the impression that I was mad.  Really, I was thinking aloud (or in print) and didn't mean for that to coincide with a post-less week.  I promise to be back with more craftiness to share (in fact I've got a number of things in the works).

Until then, here's a little of what we've been up to.  My Kindergartner Hallie performed in her theater class play this weekend.  She was a munchkin in a play where they combined music from TheWizard of Oz and Wicked.  It was very cute, and she has been talking about it ever since.  At the end of the play they had an "Academy Awards Ceremony" where they all get to take a bow and receive a trophy.  This trophy made all the money I spent on this class totally worth it.  This is Hallie's first trophy, and I don't believe a trophy has ever been more loved.  The funny thing is that the trophy is basically a naked man, and after Hallie got it she couldn't stop saying, "Look at the butt on this guy."  and then Dallas chimed in with a funny butt joke that only 2nd graders and mothers could love.  This guy goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, there is something wrong with my butt, I think I need a new one."  The doctor says, "what seems to be the problem?"  And the guy replies, "it has a crack in it."  Sorry Mom! That might be the most crass thing I've ever put on my blog (which tells you a little bit about me) but I thought it was too funny, and had to document.

Before we left for the show I wanted to take some pictures of Hallie.  Anyone who knows anything about this girl will appreciate these pictures.  Hallie definitely likes to pose for the camera, and while taking pictures of her I'm usually saying, "be normal, stop posing, just let me get one normal picture."  But really I love Hallie's personality and find the posing to be quite funny and very classic Hallie.


Then Dallas came out to join the party and I got a few good pictures of the two of them.



Before this happened.  


And then we were done with the photo shoot.  


11 comments:

pam said...

Glad your show went well, Hallie. Congratulations on the trophy. I love my "wicked" necklace.

Courtney said...

WTG Hallie! Paige does the same posing thing when I try to take pics.

Jennifer Woodbury said...

I love all the pictures of Hallie. She looks like a character, love it. That last photo is priceless!

Steph said...

I have missed your blogging! I know I don't alway's comment, but I always read...and I miss when you don't.

I love the pictures of Hallie too! So classic, I just love that girl and her spicy personality!

Can't wait to see yout this summer!

Becky said...

You're back!! Yhea! Can you tell I've missed ya? And this is an awesome post cuz I love my hysterical little niece and Dallas's joke. . .was a crack up (ha ha couldn't resist). Thanks for coming back and making me smile. The last pose of Hallie with the award is fabulous.

Dawn said...

First of all I just want to thank you for always commenting on my blog. I can always count on you and Dusty (since I have so many friends). Secondly, Hallie is sooooo cute! Her poses rock and I love that she loves the camera, I can totally picture you telling her to be normal. So funny. I think Wed would be a good day so let me know if that works for you!

Dawn said...

btw, yesterday I needed a yummy recipe for Sunday dessert so where did I go to find one you ask....your blog! I made the bundt cake but used lemon. It was divine! Thanks for sharing all your yummy little secrets.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Your family is so cute! And Hallie is such a little diva!!!!

Angela said...

Glad Hallie's show went well!

Rebecca Irvine said...

I did not think you were mad. No worries. Love the fun pics of your kids. They look like they have fun together.

Megan B ♥ said...

Those are all really great pictures, though I'll confess that the bottom one makes me giggle. I love it.