Monday, May 24, 2010

A Good Idea: Take It or Leave It

Last week I bought these new flip flops at Sam's Club.  I know I told you about the Sam's Club almonds recently too, but you should know I spent my own money on both of these items, and am not paid by Sam's Club in any way, shape, or form, I just like to pass on a good idea.


Okay so I'd seen these shoes a couple of times and finally bought them (I only held off because of the weather and lack of pedicure on my toes). I think they are the smartest flip flops I've ever seen.  And, I do consider myself a flip flop connoisseur, as in my previous life as an Arizona girl I wore them on a daily basis. So I will attempt to explain my reasons why these flip flops are a smart purchase:

A.) I think they are aesthetically pleasing, I especially liked this green/beige combo.
B.) They are machine washable, no more smelly flip flops!
C.) They are comfortable (the company that makes these specializes in slippers, think slipper to your foot, thong to the world, no one will ever know).
D.) They don't turn your feet black on the bottoms.
E.) They were affordable, only $15.
F.) They have a quick drying, odor retardant footbed  (okay so I got that one off of the box).

Anyway I'm excited about them.  Like I said, they have them at Sam's Club, they do have a website but I couldn't find these same shoes on the website, maybe I was looking wrong.  But the website is found here.

Okay enough advertising, my shoes are still in the box because this is what we woke up to this morning:


Yes, snow in May!  You won't see me doing any free advertising for Mother Nature on my blog any time soon.  She's on the bad list.

9 comments:

the thrifty ba said...

oh nancy-can you believe it?! all my herbs are crying out in the garden but im too warm inside to do anything about it inside!

RitterB's said...

I too am a flip flop kinda girl... You can even catch me wearing them in the middle of an ice storm... inside the house of course. I picked these cute babies up at Sam's a little over a month ago and I am still in love with them... So I agree... good choice!

pam said...

There have been 2 contented ducks out swimming all morning in the icy water while the snow falls on our "pond" to the south of the house. At least they don't seem to mind the cold and the snow. I can't believe the amount of snow for the latter part of May, and our poor garden plants are no doubt suffering. We did bring the little lemon tree back into the house.

Angela said...

Yeah, I'm not digging the snow so much. Brian got all our plants covered so hopefully they survive.

Megan B ♥ said...

I love the snow picture! Sad that you had to take it though. Those are some fantastic flip flops. Those are the first flip flops I have ever seen that Have actually tempted me. They look comfy and they are in one of my favorite color combos!

Toria said...

so sorry about the snow Nacy- wish we could trade a little and sort of average it out a bit.

those flip flops look comfy and odor free.
I hope you get to try them out soon.

Dawn said...

Sweet flip flops! Someone got the right idea. The snow is really starting to tick me off, thank goodness it is sunny today!

trippingtiffies said...

i know this sounds silly, but this picture reminds me of the Chronicles of Narnia.

Austin said...

I thought that last picture was in black and white, until I realized it was just snow. In May.