Saturday, April 24, 2010

TAG!


Okay so I've been tagged. Now, I've been tagged before, and I normally don't comply. Why? Because most of the tags I've gotten want to know weird and crazy things about me personally, and I just think, people don't really want to know this about me. And so I ignore them. But Sandra from Sawdust and Paper Scraps tagged me, and this tag was fun and easy. So here goes. I guess there's been a tag going around blog land called "6th photo" where you're supposed to show the 6th photo you've ever put on your blog and explain. Well that sounds fun to me. I've been doing this blog for a little over 3 years now and I vividly remember my first post, and it's content, so I thought it would be fun to show you. Here's my 6th photo.

It was from this post. I had been commissioned (I like using that word because I'm not commissioned very often). Anyway a friend of mine was having two new Grandchildren and wanted me to make a diaper bag and some fun accessories for each baby. This was the lot for one of them. I loved that she gave me free reign and let me make what I wanted, and trusted that it would turn out cute. So I made a diaper bag, a blanket, some burp cloths, a binki holder, and a nursery painting for each baby. I think it all turned out pretty well myself. Check out the post if you want to see the lot for the second baby. I used to make a lot of diaper bags, but got a little burned out on them I guess. I've been thinking about doing a bag tutorial. Anyone interested?

So since Sandra tagged me (thanks Sandra, I was very flattered) let's talk about her for a minute. I came across Sandra very recently. In fact I don't think she's even been blogging for all that long (at least not with Sawdust and Paper Scraps), but she is quickly becoming famous because she's so amazing. This is what drew me to her blog.

This is a closet that Sandra turned into a playroom. And the most amazing part: she did this herself. I'm impressed and thinking about getting myself some power tools. When we finish our basement there will definitely be one of these.

And this is Sandra's frame wall. I love this idea. And look at her beautiful molding. She did that all by herself too. And it doesn't end there either. It continues up the stairs.

And around the corner. Gorgeous!


And this is Sandra's kitchen that she remodeled. You have to check out the before to truly appreciate the after, I love it. I even showed it to my husband to try to talk him into painting our cabinets. Maybe someday...


Anyway you have to go see Sandra's blog, it's called Sawdust and Paper Scraps. She's amazing, can I say that again? I wish she was my neighbor, but she lives in Chicago and I live in Utah. Oh well, thank goodness for blogs, that way we can all be neighbors.

So thanks for the tag Sandra, I think the way I'll handle passing this on will be to just say that I'm opening it up to anyone who wants to do it. Tag! You're it. If you do this leave a comment and let me know, I'd love to see your 6th pictures!

6 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

This is beautiful. i wish my house looked so good.

Sandra said...

Well thanks for all the praise. Good Grief! Don't I fell loved!!! Anyway, had to come see your 6 photo, I'll definitely be checking out that post. Those are adorable! I can't believe you have been doing this for 3 years. Holy Mother! I've been blogging since November. I've been reading my cousins' family blogs for years and telling my husband that "we should create a blog". (Meaning that he should do it because he is the techy in our house.) But we never got around to it. I finally sat down to figure it out all by myself and how embarrassed am I that it was like-3 steps. Sometimes things seem very daunting until you do it once and then you realize what you've been missing out on. Just like using power tools. I say, "go for it!" I love how you opened the game up to anyone. How fun. I wish I would have thought of that. Easy and not time consuming. I'm not a fan of tags or awards either because you have to spend hours reciprocating. But this one was pretty fun. Thanks for playing along! (Sorry about the little book here.)

Becky said...

Fun post, Nancy! And I love Sandra's molding! That's amazing stuff. (maybe you could make a link to here when you say her blog title?) Anyway.. . I'm gonna check my 6th photo and see if its worth remembering. :)

Life in Rehab said...

I think the best part about commenting on a fellow blogger's creativity and sense of humor is clicking on the live links of other comments and opening a whole new source. I found you through Sandra, whom I found through another blog, and so on, and I'm thoroughly enjoying my visit.

How did we find craft ideas before the internet, anyway?

pam said...

You're coming up with some great new friends!

Jacque said...

so pretty.. all of it.

i'd love to see a bag tutorial. i love the one you made me. cohen has claimed it as his "church bag", so i may need to make myself another one that's all mommy's.