Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good

For the past four years my family (my parents, siblings, nieces and nephews) has been holding annual family reunions. I think our excitement for these reunions comes from the fact that although I grew up in a family with 6 kids, we only had 1 first cousin (hence we never had reunions really). I think we're just so excited that our kids have so much fun with their cousins (there are now 17 grandkids) that we get extra excited about the reunions. So in true family reunion fashion we've had a T-shirt every year to commemorate the occasion (we get especially excited about the T-shirt part).

Today my brother Austin and I have been working on the design for this year's reunion shirt. We will all be headed to Idaho and Wyoming to go to Yellowstone National park because nothing says reunions like buffaloes and geysers, right? So I thought I'd put our two design ideas up to see which one people like better. Austin is the madman behind the Photoshop skills, I just sit and tell him what to do direct, I'm good at that. I really wish I could learn Photoshop myself, but that's a project I have stored in my one of these days file.

So here's what we came up with. Keep in mind we'll be in Yellowstone, and that Smith is not our actual name. Which one do you like better?





Do you like the elk or buffalo better? You can cast your vote in my poll off in the right sidebar.

11 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Elk is better, although I like the blue better than the green.

Courtney said...

I like blue in general better but the yellow green screams John Deere which is fun.

Sarah said...

they both look great. since you're asking, i think the elk is more cliche, and the buffalo is a little edgier. i'd go with the buffalo.

Nancy said...

Court, you know what's funny? Me, my brother and my Mom all liked the elk color combo and not one of us thought about John Deere, but you're totally right, but seeing how I married into a tractor loving family that doesn't bother me at all.

Jen Rutter said...

I like the buffalo-I always think about the buffalo when I think of yellowstone.

Maddie said...

I like the elk ( there are a TON of buffaloes in yellowstone though,) but I like blue better. It is going to be so much fun!

Angela said...

I'm voting for the buffalo, but I'm fine with both color combo's. Aren't ringer tee's going to be more expensive though?

pam said...

I would be happy with either of the designs or colors. Your dad likes the blue buffalo best.

Anonymous said...

Why does it say Smith family? Is that your mother's side of the family?

Austin said...

Ironic that the last comment is from "Anonymous".
Elk and Buffalo are in a dead heat.

Nancy said...

Okay so everyone is killing me with this t-shirt thing, it's totally 50/50 and is not helping me decide! I kinda like the buffalo, but am thinking of maybe using the green/yellow combination though...