Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not your Grandmother's Pearls

It's cold outside, and a little snowy, the weird kind where it just looks like it's floating through the wind carried on the breeze, and my kids never even got out of their pajamas today...
I did, but somehow they've been enjoying their Spring Break jammy style. It's been like a pajama party all day. I'm a fun mom like that (at least that's what I keep telling myself). Anyway I had to try a few more necklaces from yesterday. Here they are.





See I told you I got dressed, I even changed outfits to coordinate with my necklaces. Don't judge me.



Recognize this brooch? I made it here. Here's the back in case you're wondering. This way it can be a hair thing or a brooch, and that's the great thing about these necklaces, the brooch is removable.
I had the same problem with this necklace where the ribbon was just too thick to fit through the toggle hole to attach it together. So, I just got out a needle and thread and attached it that way. Tricky, tricky. I'm clever like that.

And instead of using extra toggle rounds to attach the ribbon to the necklace I used these earring pieces I had. I don't know what they're called. Anyone know? Stephanie? Angela? Bueller?


And here's a closer look at the turquoise and pearl. I love to wear turquoise, it's such a great pop of color.



*If you like these necklaces you can see the tutorial in the post below, there's lots-o-instructions on how to make them.

14 comments:

hendywow said...

How can I hate you and love you at the same time????? Very cute.

Toni said...

Ok, that was me...Toni...who left your first comment. How I was signed in under Wendy's name is a mystery. Anyway, now you have two comments. Hope it made your day.

Becky said...

Fancy AND Ambitious! I'm so impressed and wish my birthday was just around the corner. You're still invited to come to my sunny warm house and go shopping with me :)

trippingtiffies said...

wow you're officially amazing!

♥fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

hendywow said...

Cool! You know how I feel about pearls!

pam said...

Love the combination of turquoise and pearls. Add the old bling and its even better. Great ideas.

felicia said...

Good grief, where do you live that it was snowing?? It was almost 90 here in the burbs of DC.

I love this necklace and will be trying this out soon!

kimber said...

O.K., so when are you going into business?? Seriously, you so need to with all the adorable things you can make!!
I forget if I told you a date, but how about lunch on April 23rd?? Dawn said she put it on her calendar. It will be fun to see my Hawaii girls!!

Angela said...

Cute cute stuff Nanc! You're much more patient than me to take all those pictures for a tutorial.

nestug said...

ohhhh it's so cute.I love them,I'll try to make this necklaces.And the other all things very nice

Jen said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. As usual.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Hey Nancy- will you email me? I have a question for you....
provost_mique (at) hotmail (dot) com
Thanks!

Karla Rauch said...

Love these necklaces.Adorable!!!

billiemonster said...

Hey, I have those exact lil earring pieces. I think they're some kind of chandelier earring finding. Dunno! Great necklaces! I love the green.