Thursday, March 4, 2010

COCO-NUT

Did you know that they make Coconut m&m's? I didn't either. I don't know what I was watching on TV the other day, but the thing that caught my eye was an m&m's commercial and at the end they showed a quick shot of their different flavors of m&m's, and I spied coconut! I love coconut. Most people either love it or hate it, not a lot of in between, I just so happen to be on the side of love. And I love m&m's and chocolate so I thought I needed to get my hands on some of these Coconut m&m's and test them for myself (I get weird things like that in my head and can't let it rest until I give it a try). So I found some Coconut m&m's at Smith's (in the candy section, not at the checkout) and bought a package. Then I waited for Travis to get home from work so we could give them a taste test.

Here's what we thought: first of all there is no mention of coconut in the ingredients, huh? Okay so maybe there is coconut flavor or something, but no actual coconut= disappointing. It's kind of like a regular m&m only the chocolate inside is flavored with coconut. They are bigger than regular m&m's though, they are more the size of peanut butter m&m's, which if I'm being honest I'd tell you that I bought a package of those too, and side by side the peanut butter m&m's won hands down. Travis' reaction to the coconut m&m's was that they tasted like tanning lotion smells. Which I love the way tanning lotion smells and every now and then (especially in the winter) I'll take out a bottle and close my eyes and just give it a smell. It takes me right back to the beach and makes me feel warm all over. If you like that maybe you'll like these m&m's. I liked them alright (maybe 2.5/5 stars), but they would have been even better if they'd have had actual coconut in them, and they really would be better if they were dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I'm a dark chocolate girl myself. So I guess I'll stick to an almond joy every now and then, and won't waste too many more calories on these babies. They were fun to try though and especially fun when you're sharing a bag with your sweet heart after your kids have gone to bed.

Speaking of tanning lotion, if you want to smell the beach without the calories I highly recommend this: Tropical Jasmine Scent from Sephora.

When you wear this scent you'll be instantly transported to this (only you'll feel skinnier and tanner, I promise)

Okay so this is hard to find for some reason. We don't have a Sephora at our mall here, but I bought this online a while back, and now when I look they don't seem to have the oil anymore in this scent. But go with the body wash or body butter, you won't be disappointed. They used to have this in a lotion too, that is what I first had, but then I bought some oil when there was no lotion, now there's no oil, what's up with that? Dear Sephora, bring back tropical jasmine in all forms! Thank you. Sincerely, Nancy

9 comments:

Keith and Lynsi said...

ok I loved your coconut M&M review! I had no idea they made those..I am also a coconut fan (and dark chocolate)
Your posts make me laugh, I just may need to pick up some of that body wash! Sounds heavenly! HOpe all is well!!!

Becky said...

I love you, Nut! Coco-nut or regular Nut! You make me laugh, and, um, I like that about you. Sincerely, Becky
I'm likely to channel my inner Pam and come see you soon! Cuz I'm nutty like that.

pam said...

Sorry the coconut m&m's were a bit of a dissapointment. I too love coconut and dark chocolate. Email them and tell them they missed the boat!

kimber said...

Awww, I was really excited for the coconut m&m's until I read your review and am now really sad. Dangit, you know how I love my sweets and that sounded really good.

Joy said...

I had the same reaction to these as you, I thought they would be filled with coconut goodness and was totally saddened to find that it wasn't so.

Megan B ♥ said...

Dang, thanks for testing it out for me. Mounds and Almond Joy it is for now. I'm coo-coo for co-co nuts!

Dawn said...

I have tried those coconut mms but it was post accident so I can't say one way or another. Thanks for your honest opinion. I'd give anything to be transported to tropical paradise! Miss you tons. L-O-V-E your blog, keep it up!

carli said...

Ok, one more thing to add... did you bite it in half and take a look? It's not even white. What's up with that?

abby said...

i am just speechless about he coconut m&ms. i need some. now.