Friday, February 5, 2010

Thirty -TWO

So yesterday I turned 32. Yes, it was my birthday. My birthdays seem to get closer and closer together the older I get. I love a good birthday and all, but why does time seem to be speeding up? Anyway Travis and the kids woke me up with a lovely breakfast in bed complete with a birthday sign made by Dallas. Problem was it had a big fat 33 on it. I screamed and quickly let everyone within earshot know that I was only turning 32 and to please not add another year onto my life just yet. The funny thing was that Travis told Dallas that I was turning 33. He knows I'm 2 years younger than him, and thought that he was 35. But, Travis is only 34. Seriously? Seriously. Travis thought he was a year older and was taking me along for the ride. Good thing I'm here to set everyone straight.

In the afternoon Hallie and I met my Mom, Austin, Angela and Travis at India House for a taste of India. Travis must love me because he doesn't love Indian food, but we had a good time anyway.



And then after lunch we stopped into the antique stores next door. This particular store had a fabulous loot of old fashioned hats so Hallie had a good time modeling them all for me and I snapped some photos on my iPhone. This girl is quite the little poser and had a great time playing along.



So I guess 32 isn't too bad, but I'll save 33 for next year thank you very much. And I hope Travis enjoys the extra year that was added to his life yesterday.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! I just have to tell you that I am dieting and while in the process I have come back to the melt-away cookies over and over again. I've showed the photos to several different friends and even sent my sister the link to your blog so she could make them. Apparantly I want some so bad that I am forcing others to indulge on my behalf. I LOVE any type of sugar cookie. They are my downfall, no other treat gets me as excited as sugar cookies. Especially homemade frosting. Not even a cupcake! AMAZING, I know! HA! The maintenance part of my diet is over on Feb. 19th and you'd better believe I will be on my way to gaining back all the weight while eating your cookies that look so stinkin' yummy!

Courtney said...

Happy birthday! Sorry I am a day late - I knew I should get on facebook yesterday (my new favorite birthday calendar). BTW, there is nothing wrong with turning 35.

pam said...

It was fun to spend the day with you. I enjoyed the Indian food and shopping. Glad Hallie has decided it isn't so bad posing for her mother's pictures. Love the hats and purses. Each time you get a year older, remember, I get a year younger. I will not admit my true age. Happy Birthday!

Keith and Lynsi said...

Happy Birthday! You are so funny, this post made me laugh! I love that Travis thought he was a year older than he actaully was and that you were as well. One of my kids asked Keith how old he was the other day and he told them to ask mom, he wasn't sure either! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Joy said...

You make me giggle. Happy Birthday! Did this year include pajama karaoke?

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! I remembered and can't believe I forgot to wish you a happy b-day. I have been dealing with a swollen knee and arthritis so everything is behind. I hope it was a great day! I was laughing out loud that Travis didn't know how old he was:) You are such a fun person so I am sure your birthday was awesome. I love the pictures of
Hallie. She looks like such a fun girl.

Becky said...

Hallie really knows how to entertain us, huh? I am laughing out loud at her antics. I think my fav pic is the bottom row, second from the left. The hand on the hip, the purse out. Its the perfect debutant waiting for the world pose. But my favorite hat has got to be the bright green with the purple band! Ha!!!

See how fun 32 is gonna be? Don't worry, in one year its gonna be 33 and I'm here to tell you, time flies when you're in your thirities!

Sure love ya! Hope you get your gift soon :)

abby said...

the hat pics are so awesome. happy birthday, nancy! you are wonderful.

Ashley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY! I forget how old I am all the time. I certainly wouldn't appreciate another year added on:)

kimber said...

Happy Late Birthday!! I wish this year included pajama karaoke!! I'm sad I didn't get to go to lunch with you or anything, but I'm glad you had a good day. Love Ya!!