Monday, February 22, 2010

Fun with Vinyl

My sister Katie sent me this vinyl signage for my birthday (thanks Kate!), so I decided to put it up in my office/craft room to inspire me to CREATE! It got me thinking that maybe I should show you some of my other fun vinyl in my house. Not that I have a lot, but I do love what I have.



I know I showed you my kids' silhouettes in my bedroom, but I don't think I ever showed you the vinyl monogram that I purchased and put up. I love it! I got it off etsy at this shop. We don't have a headboard, but I think a big focal point above the bed gives you the same idea, and I love the way this turned out.



I also got this cute little bird and saved him until I had a place to put him. I stuck him in the corner of my magnet board above my desk. I got him for free at a boutique from this girl, she has the cutest stuff!

And if you can't commit to putting vinyl on your actual wall you could put it on a sign like this. This Cafe sign hangs in my kitchen as my back splash (hence the splatters of oil or something on the wall, I'm going to have to clean that!). Anyway I bought it a couple of years ago and have always thought it was fun.

Do these vinyl signs get your creative juices flowing? Whenever I think of creating I think of this talk by Elder Uchtdorf , I love this talk and always think of it now when I hear the word create.

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.

Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.

Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty..."

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency

4 comments:

pam said...

Love the Create sign. Don't suppose Katie has the gizmo that cuts them does she? Watched a fun infomercial on a machine that does screen printing. Soomebody needs to get one of those.

abby said...

yes, pam, i want that screen printer too. i think it's called yudu?

love your signs nancy! the set up over your bed is my favorite. i hope silhouettes never go out of style.

ellen said...

I love vinyl lettering.

http://ellenpatton.blogspot.com/2008/03/more-vinyl-lettering.html

MarySue said...

Thanks for letting me "in" your cute home. It was fun and INSPIRING. Happy day friend.