Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Way back in last year...

If there's one thing I remember from working for the school paper it's this: old news is no news.

So this might be old, and might not be news, but consider it archiving for my personal records. We had Christmas Eve at my parent's house this year, most of the cousins were there, and I was trying to take good pictures of everyone with my new camera, and well I'm still learning the best mode to shoot in, and so I only succeeded in about half of the pictures I took. Oh well. Here's the Nativity shots, ever since we were kids we've reenacted the Nativity scene on Christmas Eve, luckily we've all had a lot of children to take over the staring roles for us and we get to sit back and enjoy the show (that's the idea anyway).

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes



And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field



And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them



For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.



And the Wisemen came from the East



And the Camera Men came from the West



And a lovely time was had by all, thanks to the traditions of their fathers...



And a few more pics of my kiddos since it's my blog and my story.



The End.



My apologies to Amye and Dennis who somehow alluded my camera lens, we loved having you there none the less!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Also: Emily, the protector of Baby Jesus from hovering-a-little-too-close angels and shepherds and wise men and Marys and Josephs.

Lfree said...

So cute! Great pictures. I love your kids faces. priceless!

What kind of camera do you have? Santa brought me one too, and I am loving it, but want to be an instant pro. Not happenin'. I would love to take some classes. We'll have to talk. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are really great photos. Nice job! That was a wonderful evening and we're grateful to have shared it with all of you. Amye

abby said...

milo is getting a kick out of these pictures. christmas eves with your family were always so nice.

Sarah said...

if amye and dennis want to be in your photos, they need to get some shepherd gear on.

your pictures are great!

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing so many pictures Nancy, I wish we were there. It must have been fun to have the Bagleys in town.

pam said...

Sarah, just for you, Amye sang beautifully and there is a picture of her in my camera, and one of Dennis babysitting one of the angels. But we have to wait for Angela to help me put them on the blog. Maybe by the next big holiday, we'll get the Christmas pictures up. Glad you took so many great pictures, Nancy.

Courtney said...

This nativity looks better outfitted than ours.

Michelle said...

Hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas!! And Happy New year!!:)