Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nancia's Pizzeria

Usually Friday night around here means pizza. And lately that pizza has been the $5 buck pizza from Little Caesars, but I think we were all getting pretty sick of that, so last Friday I decided to make pizza. Dallas wanted to know where we were getting our pizza from and I said, Nancia's Pizzeria. He thought it was a real restaurant until he realized I meant that I was making the pizza. Anyway it ended up tasting really good, but the kids were wishing that they could take more part in the process. So yesterday I made the same dough, but rolled it into 4 pizza crusts instead of two, and made a pizza bar for the kids to create their very own personal pizzas. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and quite yummy. I used this pizza crust recipe that we love and use all the time. Then I set out the toppings, and our signature sauce-Ranch dressing (seriously try it), and let the kids have at it. One other ingredient that I love on pizza is Fennel Seeds. Just sprinkle a few on before you put the cheese on, they really add great flavor.




The great thing about these pizzas was that I rolled the crust pretty thin, and made decent sized pizzas so that we had enough left over for lunch today. I think that we might be eating at Nancia's Pizzeria more often, it's much better than Little Caesars, and a lot more fun!

7 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Looks so yummy! My kids like it when I do this too.

Lfree said...

Can I order take-out? Looks delish! :)

Heather said...

What a gread idea because we can all never agree on the same topping. I guess Heather's Pizzeria will be having a grand opening in Vancouver this week!

Em said...

your kids must love having you as a mom you seem like you are so dang fun.

kimber said...

what the kronk is fennel seeds?? Looks yummy though, I'll have to try it.

design gal said...

this pizza looks amazing! i'm so glad you liked the segment today! it's so fun to get new readers who find my blog through studio 5!

thanks for your sweet comment!

pam said...

Your pizza looks great! Glad the kids had fun making it. For quite a few years I have liked Ranch dressing better than the traditional tomato sauce on pizza. Sounds like your family has good taste.