Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Hallow' Eve 2009



Friday night we had a little pumpkin carving family party with just our little family. We picked up a famous Papa Murphy's jack-o-lantern pizza, and some of this Pomegranate 7-Up, and watched The Goonies. After viewing The Goonies for the first time in years I'm not entirely sure it's appropriate for little kids (I'm hoping many of the references went over my children's heads, it's a bit risque in parts for a PG if you ask me) but I can recommend this 7-Up, my kids and husband love it. I like it, but still prefer a diet coke over this, but everyone else in my house can't get enough of it, and it's only available during the holiday season, so give it a try before it's gone.

And I'd show you our beautifully carved pumpkins, only sadly we never got around to them. There's something about Friday nights at our house, everyone seems tired from the week, and making a big mess with pumpkin goo was somehow unappealing to Travis and me; so we kind of skipped over that part. I thought we'd get around to it yesterday, but with regular Saturday chores and Halloween parties we never got around to it. We did however enjoy the many artistically carved pumpkins found throughout our neighborhood. Hopefully my kids aren't scarred for not partaking in the pumpkin carving Halloween ritual, there's always next year. Maybe we can carve them with Pilgrims for a Thanksgiving centerpiece.

But don't worry, we didn't skip over Trick-Or-Treating (although my friend said Dr. Oz was having his kids skip it due to the H1N1 Flu, I just had my kids wait until today to touch their candy, I hoped that would be enough time for any bad germs to die off). I went around with the kids while Travis stayed home and watched football, I mean handed out candy to the neighborhood kids. And for our first Halloween in Utah, I'd say the weather was pretty manageable* and our neighborhood was quite delightful for Trick-Or-Treating.




The kids always love coming home after Trick-Or-Treating, and ringing their own door to Trick-Or-Treat to their Dad, that never gets old.


*seeing how this was our neighborhood earlier this week, I for one am glad that we had a high of 57 degrees yesterday, the snow had melted, and the weather although cold was bearable. And can I just say that Hallie and her little friend made this snowman entirely by themselves? I for own was impressed, I don't think I even know how to build a snowman.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you guys had a fun Halloween. And what is that red and black person/thing? Also I'm pretty sure if you knew how to make a snowman, you wouldn't have let Hallie do it herself. :) It looks great!

Courtney said...

Love Ang's snowman comment. Looks like a great halloween!

pam said...

I am impressed with the snowman. But I am glad it all melted for Halloween and we had a pretty warm day and evening. Glad it was a fun day for one and all. I especially liked Dallas in the wig. I think he should come up with another excuse to wear it sometime.

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Your kids look so cute in their costumes.

Becky said...

Nancy,
Have I mentioned how much fun trick or treating looks at your house? I LOVE love love the costumes and the kids grins say it all. Halloween is such an awesome holiday! I wish I was a kid again going trick or treating at my own house to "surprise" my own dad. :)