Thursday, October 22, 2009

Signs of Antiquing

I have an empty spot in my kitchen that needs to be filled. Above my pantry doors is a big open space that, in my mind, is screaming out for a sign of some sort. I recently went antiquing with my Mom and sister Becky and came across a number of fun signs, none of which were perfect for the space, but they gave me a lot of ideas. So Becky and I snuck in a number of pictures (we didn't know if we were allowed to take pictures or not, but it was more fun to try to be sneaky about it) of these signs so I thought I'd share, cause I'm fun like that.



None of these signs were quite right or big enough for my space, but they gave me some good ideas. I think I'm going to try to make my own, I'll keep you posted.

And while I was looking for a kitchen sign Becky was trying to come up with a Halloween costume idea for me. She came up with:




some sort of safari hunter/snake girl, a big floppy flowered seventies hat girl, and an Audrey Hepburn dress girl followed by a powder puff pink 60's girl. I think maybe she should use one of these ideas herself, because my Halloween costume, thanks to my Mom's sewing prowess is well on it's way.

Here's part of the costume. Any guesses on what I'm going to be?

4 comments:

kimber said...

Your sign I'm sure will be much cuter than all those other ones. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
And NO I don't know I'm having a boy I was just having hopeful/boy thoughts:)

Ashley said...

So did you guys go antiquing in AZ? It was so fun to see you Sunday! I like the Mom's Diner idea. I am sure yours will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

My guess is something Poodle Skirtish! Glad to hear you had fun in AZ. Travis said that the weather was really hot there. Jill

pam said...

LOve the pictures and the memories of our shopping at antique and thrift stores. It was great fun to be with both of you and to look at all the old stuff, and to come home with a few treasures.