Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Peanut

Have you ever asked an almost six-year-old what she wants for her birthday? You might expect the answer to be something girlish, like a Barbie doll, or a new outfit. But ask this question at our house from our crazy Hallie, and she just might answer, Parmesan cheese. From anyone else that answer might be surprising, but from Hallie it's about par for the course. This little girl has been surprising us and keeping us laughing from day one.


Hallie is a full-blooded yellow, always looking to find the fun and humor in life, and she quite often has us all giggling at her quirky sense of humor (I swear it comes from her Dad's side, she has more of his quirks than mine). She put on quite the show tonight at her family birthday party as she exuberantly opened gifts from her everyone. You haven't lived until you've seen Hallie ham it up for a party, but in this case there was a bit of cheese with her ham. You see, last week when Hallie's Grandma Jo asked her what she wanted for her birthday, Hallie told her that she wanted Parmesan cheese. And Grandma Jo came through with the cheese, and Hallie, upon opening the wrapped cheese, acted as if she'd received shredded gold. That's why we love our little peanut.
Last week, one night as I was laying in bed it hit me that my baby would be turning six. I'd be lying if I didn't say that there were tears on my pillow that night. I never knew how hard it would be for me to see my children grow older, and know that they won't be under my protecting wing forever. I'm trying my very best to soak up the time I have with my kids, and not take it or them for granted. Hallie came to our family at a time when I questioned whether or not I could handle another child so close to my first, but my vision was short, and the Lord knew exactly what our family needed. We needed a Hallie girl, and we couldn't imagine our life, or our family without her. Happy Birthday Peanut, we love you and your cheesy ways!


8 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy birthday Hallie! It looks like family birthday parties are pretty big now that you live by so much family!

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun party. Everything looks so cute, especially Hallie in her cute outfit, I'm assuming you made.

Angela said...

Thanks for having us at the party! And sorry I'm lame and forgot my present at home. I'll bring it the next time I see you guys.

thedoodlegirl said...

Wow! What an amazing blog!! I love all of your beautiful decor and crafts! What a cute little girl you've got, too! So fun. I'm bookmarking you right now!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Hallie, for letting us come to your fun birthday party. And be sure to thank your great mom for the fun new birthday outfit. It turned out great! P.S. this may show up as from your Aunt Becky, but it really isn't. I am just using her computer.

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Happy Birthday Hallie! Nancy it looks like you know how to throw a party. Your cake and cup cakes are so cute. Hallie cracks me up...its so funny that she wanted cheese for her birthday and cute that grandma remembered.

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Hallie! Looks like a one of a kind party. You always throw the best Nancy. Love her birthday outfit. Can I order some up for my girls! So fun seeing you in AZ, can't wait to see you in UT now.

hendywow said...

Man we miss you guys!!!!