Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Fall Day

Yesterday was my kids' last day of their Fall break, and we decided to do something Fallish. So we headed to Gardner's Village, a cute little outdoor shopping center here where all the stores are in old cottage houses. Every year at Halloween they go crazy with their decorations, the main attraction is these bigger than life size witches that are staged in various locations throughout the village. My friend told me about a witch scavenger hunt you can print off their website, and then your kids can find all the witches on the hunt and get a cookie at the end. My kids thought it sounded like fun, and were up for the challenge, at this age you can pretty much get them to do anything for a cookie. And I was pretty much up for a Fall picture taking opportunity, and made them take a picture at every little location, of which there were many. They didn't love this part, but humored me none the less, let's just say I had to keep reminding them of that cookie! Norah, their cousin joined us for the last few minutes of the hunt with Grandma, so we were able to sneak a picture with her in too.




On the way home we hit some thrift stores (more on that to come) and the grocery store. The kids have always wanted to use these little shopping carts, so since they were so good at Gardner's Village I let them cart the groceries around, I thought it was kind of cute.

And to top off our Fall day Travis and I went to our neighbor's costume party last night. It was really fun. Trav isn't so much into dressing up, so I decided we should go as a Fifty's couple and pulled out his old Letterman's jacket for him to wear, and made a "poodle" skirt for myself (with my mom's help of course). I think it turned out pretty cute, I decided to make it a little more Halloweenish and used this black cat instead of a poodle.



This is Travis humoring me when I told him to strike a pose, gotta love the man.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

love the poodle skirt! i can't believe you guys just whipped that up!

Dusty said...

I love the costumes Nance! YOu guys look great.

pam said...

Your Gardner Village pictures are so cute it makes me wish Norah and I had gotten there sooner so we could have participated in the hunt. But thanks for saving half of the cookies for us. It was fun. The shopping and lunch at Quilted Bear were fun with you. You and Travis looked great in your Halloween party costumes, I of course especially like you in your pony tail and poodle skirt. Hope you had fun at the party.

Becky said...

I love it! Love the pics of the kids at gardner village. . .it looks like they are smiling for real! esp. Hallie. And you and Trav look perfect. Love the Halloween Kitty :)

MarySue said...

Absolutely adorable.

Emily said...

Very cute!

Dave & Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave & Mandi said...

Great Costumes!! You guys look very cute!! I love gardner Village, especially when the witches are out. Your pictures always make me miss home!

Tami G. said...

Good heavens - those are the cutest costumes ever! I bet you made that skirt. I love it!

Dawn said...

I love gardners village right now especially. great pics! love the costumes. the cat really worked with it. hope to get together soon!

Steph said...

Looks like a perfect Fall Day! I love the cosutmes!!!

Ashley said...

I love that they had to humor you with each picture. Cookies are so great to use as incentive! I guessed right on your costume.

Karla Rauch said...

I love the costumes. Great job!