Friday, September 11, 2009

Welcome to Fall

I'm sitting here listening to my can of Diet (caffeine free) Dr. Pepper. Did you know canned soda talks? It's almost as talkative as Rice Krispies. I don't usually experience this phenomenon because I much prefer my soda on ice, but if you leave it in the can it talks much louder. Did I just have a conversation about talking soda? My husband is at a movie with "the guys" tonight. So maybe I'm a little lonely. I guess it's his turn because I had a whole weekend to myself last week. Anyway I thought I'd show you our new sign of fall. I decided it was time to switch to a fall wreath and found this one at Hobby Lobby. I had a bunch of stuff in my cart to make one and decided this premade one would just be easier and even cheaper after I added up the wreath makings I was going to purchase. I especially like the orange and red berry looking things on it. If I find a fall looking bird I might add it for my own special touch, but for now I like it just fine.

While I was taking this picture of my new wreath this little girl showed up and wanted to be in the picture too.



Then this little boy went to change his dirty shirt so he could have his picture taken. No I didn't tell him that, he just knew I probably would have (I might not have made him change it, but I'd have thought it at least, good thing he knew better).



Then they asked me to take the customary "crazy picture."


Hallie's crazy pose was oddly familiar, I think I've seen it before here*...

*A funny note on this shirt: I found it on sale at Wal-Mart for $1, if I couldn't pass up a $3 shirt for Trav do you think I'd pass up a $1 shirt for Dallas? But then when I brought it home, eerily like father like son, Dallas refused to wear it. So Hallie said she wanted it. And you know what? It fits her personality even more than her brothers. I hope that all changes when puberty hits!

We took a few other pictures earlier this week with the sunflowers. I was doing the dinner dishes at about 7:30 and thought, we should really be taking pictures in the sunflowers instead. So we left the dishes in the sink, and ran to the nearest field to snap a few shots. One of these days I'll have photography classes and a fancy camera under my belt, but for now these will suffice.




I fully realize that Hallie is in more pictures than Dallas in this post because he pointed it out to me, but what can I say, she jumps in front of the camera more than he does. Travis would just answer a question like that by saying, "it's because we love her more." But I would never say a thing like that! I couldn't have more love for either of these munchkins, they are both the center of my universe, and it's a pretty happy place to be.

8 comments:

abby said...

cute pictures. we picked some off the side of the road today. flowers, not children.

Steph said...

So jealous that it feels like Fall there...it is SO hot here! Love the wreath...and the cute kids in front of the wreath!

Cute pics. in the sunflower field!

kimber said...

cute pictures!! I think girls are just more fun to take pictures of and to look at:) Not that I have boys but I always like looking at little girls better.
I LOVE LOVE fall in UT, it's the best, I miss our days there.

Jacque said...

aaahh... fall...

i had the thought to put up my pumpkin door hanging but then thought people might think i was a bit crazy, as it's still 100+ degrees here!

i love the wreath. and your kiddos are so adorable. i love the pic of hallie giggling in the sunflowers.

Keith and Lynsi said...

I had the same thought as Jacque... but yes, sadly it is way too hot here to start decorating for any sort of Fall. Your pictures are darling, you wouldn't even know you didn't own a fancy camera! Looks like a great girls weekend!
Hey have you had your Primary Program yet???

Ashley said...

Cute pictures. I love the sunflowers, and the cute kiddos!

Lfree said...

Cute pics! You have a great way of writing - makes me laugh all the time. I saw your comment over on the lettered cottage. I was reading some comment posts and came across a "Nancy". since I only know one - I clicked and it came straight to you. small world. love that blog too. happy Monday.

was that just the most RANDOM comment you've ever received? :)

Austin said...

I REALLY Like Hallie's crazy face.