Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Girls Weekend

This weekend some of my good girlfriends came to town for our annual girls' weekend. We decided to have our weekend coincide with Swiss Days (a craft fair/town celebration of Midway, Utah's Swiss heritage) so that we could spend some good time shopping. As luck would happen (serendipity Stephanie) the weekend also coincided with our childhood friend Sarah's wedding, and Dawn's baby blessing for her sweet little Lola. So to say that we crammed a lot into a few days would be putting it lightly, but craziness aside it was fun to reconnect and hang out with my girls. As usual there was a lot of eating, shopping, and late night chats involved, but that's what makes it so much fun to get together. Liz's husband Jeremy hooked us up with a condo at the Deer Valley Club so that we could be near all of the events.




Liz's sweet little Elyse was an honorary girlfriend for the weekend, she is such a happy and good baby we hardly even noticed her half of the time. Friday night we ate at Cafe Galleria, a fabulous brick oven pizza place on main street in Midway, if you're ever in town it's worth a visit.




Saturday morning we headed back to Swiss Days and made a stop in Midway's Country Corner Bakery, I loved this deer cake (or is it an elk?) it's going to be a groom's cake for a wedding, kinda funny. These are my two main purchases from Swiss Days, this bird applique is for my office and the BYU football picture is for Travis'.



Then Saturday evening we headed to Sarah's wedding on Main Street in Park City. Sarah and her husband had met while she was taking guitar lessons from him, so she serenaded him with a sweet musical number during the ceremony.



It was such a nice night and the wedding was a lot of fun, we also met up with our friend Michelle who most of us hadn't seen in 13 years, so it was fun to meet her husband and sweet little girl Presley.




Here we are with the beaming bride and her mother, we also hadn't seen them in over 15 years so it was fun to reconnect and reminisce.



Then Saturday morning we went to Dawn's baby Lola's blessing (yes I'm wearing the same outfit from the wedding, I wasn't expecting to be able to go to the blessing because I had to come back in time for primary, but somehow I pulled it all off). It was fun to get to see Dusty and spend some quick time with Dawn's family before I had to head home to Primary. I love my girls and had a great weekend, I think this needs to be a new tradition for Labor Day Weekend.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fun weekend you girls had. I really wish I could have been more a part of it. Next year for sure or maybe sooner. It's great living in the same state now we just have to get together more. Love you!!

Karla Rauch said...

Looks like so much fun. I think it is so important to have those kind of weekends:)

Steph said...

So fun! Can't wait for the next trip!! Miss you girls!

Petit Elefant said...

Oh my heavens, I need to do the same thing with my girlfriends! Looks like so much fun.

Toria said...

hoe fun Nancy! Next time I'm tagging along too- I love you girls!
sorry I've been MIA(thanks for missing me). I'm still holding on to summer a little longer and we went on a last minute vacation. Be back and ready to post/ write- on Friday!

Michelle said...

It was so fun to meet up with you girls that weekend...so glad you had your girls weekend up here and so glad you are now close by (relatively speaking). Hope we can get together soon. Oh and if you get a chance, could you email me the photos taken with Sarah and with Linda? mtherklesen@yahoo.com
Thanks Nancy!!!