Wednesday, September 2, 2009

fun with felt

I decided Hallie's hair things needed a more fun place to congregate, so this is what I came up with. Actually my husband was working late one night and I started making these silly little birds (isn't that what you do when your husband works 14 hour days?) and decided this was a good place to put them.




And this is a phenomenon we are seeing around Utah as of late: sunflowers are overtaking the universe! Seriously they are everywhere, it's so pretty, and so fun. This was the view this morning after the kids left for the bus, a little bit of fog (either that or there are wildfires near by) and a sprinkling of wild sunflowers. Can you see them? It's a little Monetish, no? Okay so this picture doesn't do it justice (click on the picture to see it better), I hope to drag one of my kids out into that field and take some pictures more close up, so far no one is volunteering, I'll let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

pam said...

It's definitely wildfires burning down south around New Harmony. I too love the sunflowers growing in open areas around here.

Em said...

Hi, cute blog i found it through Laurie's. i love the hair bow idea i need something for mollies. By the way i am your visiting teacher now, i need to come see you.

MarySue said...

I clicked. Wonderful view. Do you have a large lot or out in the country. It looks ideal.

Keith and Lynsi said...

I am always trying to find a good way to keep hair things organized! What a cute idea! And your zuccinni bread looked delish! My kids and I made some last week and had to throw it out because we realized we didn't have eggs and used some sort of substitute... unfortunately it turned out nast! I'll have to try your recipe!

abby said...

i love the holder, nancy. there are so many fun things to do with felt. and that picture is gorgeous! i've been enjoying the flowers too.

Becky said...

I love your Narnia Lamp Post. Now that your weather is lovely, its as if Aslan has come! Ha ha, And I love your little felt birdies. We miss you, Fancy Nancy!