Thursday, September 24, 2009

Did she or didn't she?

So I know you're all wondering what I did about my jeans dilemma. You know, the ones I couldn't stop thinking about, the jean fix I had to have. To recap, I found some awesome jeans, but they were a little pricey, so I put them on hold to decide if I should purchase them. They were on hold for 24 hours, but I couldn't make it to the mall to get them in that time, so I called the store and asked the girl to hold them for me for one more day. The girl who answered the phone was the same girl who had helped me in the dressing room, and she totally remembered me. She was like, "I remember you. I had a feeling you'd call, these jeans are like a drug, and I knew you'd be back." Kind of creepy, but totally true, so Shelley (we're on a first name basis, sisters who bonded over a good pair of jeans) said she'd hold them for me for one more day.

So today, with money in hand (actually it was in my wallet) I headed in the direction of the mall. Only first I had a stop at a little place called weight watchers. Yes, I've been back at my old stomping grounds trying once again to conquer my battle of the bulge. I wasn't expecting to lose any weight today though, I knew I hadn't paid very good attention to my diet this last week, and hadn't been exercising as much as I should. So I told my weight watchers lady (what do you call them?) before I stepped on the scale that I hadn't lost any weight and that I was just being completely honest with her that it wasn't a great week for my diet. But to my surprise and delight I had actually lost 1.8 pounds this week (I like to think of it in terms of butter and that is over 6 sticks). Phew. So right then and there I decided maybe this diet thing could actually work again, and I'd hate to buy a $98 pair of jeans that fit me now only to have them be HUGE (because I'm going to lose a lot of weight, right?) in a few months.

So kind of boring ending to the love story saga I had with the $98 pair of jeans...except that on my way home from my ww meeting I realized I would be passing a T.J. Maxx. At the same time the T.J. Maxx idea popped into my head I realized it would be kind of tricky to make my way to the store as I'd have to cross three lanes of traffic and make a left turn across three more, all in about 2.3 seconds. But as I looked over my left shoulder to see if I could possibly pull off such a Mario Andretti move I realized that all the lanes were clear, the light would last long enough, and I could make it into T.J. Maxx without killing myself or anyone else. I took it as a sign (I believe in such things) that there would be a fabulous pair of jeans waiting for me in the store. And you know what? Good things do happen to good little girls who are trying to watch their weight. I tried on 7 pairs of jeans, and found two fabulous pairs and purchased both for under $40.

But don't you worry, I do believe in spending good money on a good pair of jeans when you know they are going to last forever. But, I need a few more months and a few more pant sizes lost before I'm going to invest. Seriously though, thanks for thinking that I'm worth the hundred dollar jeans, it makes a girl feel good to know that people like her that much.

I even called Shelley to tell her that she could put the pants back out for someone else. I anticipated explaining to her why I wouldn't be in the store for my fix, but she wasn't even there (some friend she turned out to be, never trust a dealer) so I told the girl who answered the phone, and have felt good about my decision all day. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

9 comments:

Steph said...

Good point...but I am holding you to it and in a couple months we are going shopping!!!

Steph said...

oh yeah, I love your new profile pictures!

Joy said...

Oh my gosh! You are hysterical, Nancy. I think you did the right thing by waiting on them. Very good rationalization on your part. I am thrilled for your awesome jean finds at TJ Maxx!!

Dusty said...

You are so funny! Your blog and your funny self were a topic of a conversation at dinner on Friday night. Steph was filling us in on some of your funny posts. Also, love the "my name is zoom and I live on the moon" comment. I totally remember that song and how we used to love it. Such good memories.

pam said...

The new T.J. Maxx jeans look great on you.

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Nancy you crack me up. I love reading your posts you are so descriptive I feel like I was the one who wanted the jeans.

Jen said...

I totally relate! I've been losing weight.....again but had a major hault over the last 2 months. I bit the bullet and purchased a pair of jeans "Just to get me through". It made me sick to even spend $25 on a pair that HOPEFULLY won't fit very long. The lamest part, I'll lose more weight then get pregnant and then get fat all over again.

You Are My Fave said...

A good deal is my fave. And happy successes for you!

The Peach.... said...

So, have you ever gone to Urban Blues on 3300 S. in Holladay? They have great designer jeans for like, half the price. I have bought Hudsons, Sevens, and my True Religions there....better $69 rather than $149, right? I LOVE your posts about the jeans.....so funny.