Friday, September 18, 2009

All for Angela

Last night I helped throw a baby shower for my little sister Angela along with my Mom and my sister-in-law Emily (who is all of eight months pregnant herself!). Emily hosted, and my mom and I helped her with the food and decorations. I'd say it was a success, and I hope that Angela thinks so as well!


(My talented brother Steve painted this antique armoire of my grandparents, it's pretty awesome, it wasn't a shower gift, I just thought it deserved mention and documentation.)



My Mom and I both made quilts for Angela, this is my Mom's gorgeous quilt.

And here is mine.



We love you Angela Jane, and can't wait to meet your little one!

8 comments:

Emily said...

The shower was fun! I look taller than your mom in that picture, but I'm not, am I??

Angela said...

Thanks so much for the shower and the quilt! It all turned out wonderful. We should do it again! :)

Tami G. said...

Nancy, just gorgeous, as always! How did you bind that quilt with all those tiny biased squares? Give me your secrets now!

P.S. Sorry about not coming to see you in Utah! My mom was my navigator and she was not down with spending extra time in the car to visit all my Utah friends. I'm also in big trouble with Holly Wallin (my friend from my ward who Travis grew up with - she just moved back there).

Becky said...

I am supposed to be in that picture standing next to you, Angela, mom and Emily! And eating those treats with you! And ooohh-ing and awe-ing over those delicious quilts. Big, big hugs to you Angela! I love you, sister :) Soooo excited to meet my new niece and nephew!!!

Dawn said...

looks like a huge success! you are the party throwing queen. the quilt turned out great but those aren't the fabrics you got at gardner village are they?? hope to see you soon!

pam said...

Love the pictures you took. The shower was great fun. Anybody not there missed out and you were missed greatly by all of us. Good luck. Angela with Jane Esther. We are all anxious to meet her.

Sarah said...

Everything looks perfect: The table looks delicious and the quilts are beautiful! Not to mention the lovely ladies hosting the event! Good luck Angela!

abby said...

you girls did a great job. and the quilts are to die for, both of them. and i'm embarassed that the cream puff tower o' crap made it on this fine blog. oh well.