Friday, August 7, 2009

My girl Hallie

Hallie started Kindergarten this week. The whole thing happened so fast that I didn't hardly even have time to be sad about it. To tell you the truth it was a bit of a welcome relief for the both of us. Hallie has been chomping at the bit to start big kid school since she was about three years old. She's quite competitive with her brother and can't stand that he gets more "privileges" than her such as, staying all day and eating lunch at school. I keep telling her she will grow up fast enough and to enjoy her time at home with me, but quite frankly I think school has me beat. At least she's happy now, for half of the day!

We were in such a rush the morning of her first day that I didn't get any pictures of her before school, believe me, I was feeling like a bad mom all morning. Then at the school when I dropped her off I was expecting to get to go inside with her for a little while; but the teacher told the kids to wave goodbye to mom and dad at the door, and then they went into their classroom, and I went home, and that was that. A little anti-climactic for this mom, but what are you gonna do?

I did however manage to get some pictures of Hallie getting off the bus the first day, and at home after school. I think she's in love with Kindergarten and enjoying her new status as an official big kid.


Hallie came home with her first little homework assignment to make this paper doll look like herself.
Do you think her teacher will be able to tell that her mom helped? I clearly have control issues.

P.S. Dallas has five, yes I said five cavities, and we have no dental insurance, and that is going to run me around $1000 dollars. That bites big time.

11 comments:

Angela said...

Holly smokes! 5 cavities?! That's insanity. And Hallie's doll does look cute, but did she even touch it? :)

Nancy said...

To be fair she did the smile and she glued on the dress!

Nancy said...

like I said, I have control issues.

Courtney said...

I'm totally laughing about Hallie's doll. It is gorgeous (just like she is) and I love her hair. You should see the projects I let my kids take to school - there is no mistaking a 5 year old made it!

Ouch on the 5 cavities. We have had a lot of dental work done lately (Seth has a silver tooth) and even with insurance it's a wallet drainer. Sorry!

kimber said...

Wow, can you believe your baby is in kindergarten. Is that so weird? She is definently gonna get an A in all her creative, artzy assignments. That's funny.

Toria said...

you are hilarious- I love the "homework help". I think my mom was the same way with us!!
sorry to hear about the cavities. maybe you need to make a trip down to Phoenix and see if my dad is willing to do half price cavities :)

Karla Rauch said...

The doll is too cute. I know I am going to have a hard time when Ethan goes to school for the first time. I think it is so cute when they get excited for Kindergarten.

Dawn said...

Great paper doll Nance! Zoe is looking at it and she is impressed. Hallie will appreciate all the help when she's in junior high! So sorry about the dental bill. That bites big time. Hope to see you soon. I'd love to meet at Gardner Village.

pam said...

When my older kids were first taking creative projects to school, I noticed that some of the other moms definitely helped. So I decided that is just how it is done and helped after that. I mean you want your child's project to look good! So you were just raised that way. The doll is great. I agree with Toria about the cavities. Get her to arrange it and I will drive down to Phoenix with you. But wait til it cools off a little!

Ashley said...

You're not the only one with control issues; I did the same thing with Carter a couple of times:) Dental stuff is the worst - even with insurance!

Breaking the Law said...

Chat with me about Dental. I have Dental plans!