Tuesday, August 11, 2009

La Caille Oh La La


I saw a really cool thing on a blog I love today. It's a blog done by a cute young Virgina couple who have redecorated their whole house and blogged about the process. Check them at at www.younghouselove.com. So anyway this young couple often blogs about some of their favorite ways to save money, and one of them they blogged about today, and I had never heard about it. But it's an awesome idea, there is a website called Restaurant.com. At the website you can buy $25 gift cards for restaurants for $10, and now through Aug. 13 they are having 80% off when you enter this word, "PORTION" into the promotion code area when you are checking out. So if I did the math right, that makes a $25 gift card $2 (80% off of $10). That's a steal! So I put my zip code in and saw that you can get one to LaCaille, a beautiful French restaurant which I've always wanted to go to. So I bought one, and now Travis has no excuse to not take me. Do your homework before you purchase though, each restaurant that offers coupons has limitations on when you can use them and the minimum food order you have to have, and LaCaille is LaPricey, so this won't make that big of a dent in the final bill, but for $2 it will help, and it will get me there!

Oh, and I just saw Julie and Julia last weekend with my Mom and Dad and we all gave it two thumbs up, now I'll just have to get over to LaCaille for some French Cuisine to feel a little more Julia Childish. I think Meryl Streep will win the Oscar for this role, seriously go see it if you're at all into food or blogging.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

looks like a great site!

I saw Julie and Julia last week two and really enjoyed it. The book was good too.

Sarah said...

i love younghouselove too!

pam said...

I watched an old Julia Child show on public television a couple of days ago. The whole show was on her roasting of a chicken. Really, Meryl Streep was better!

Angela said...

Glad you liked the movie! I always tell mom that Julia Child reminds me of grandma.

Ashley said...

I'm going tomorrow night and can't wait! Thanks for the coupon tip!

Emily said...

Restaurant.com is great. We used it a lot when we were in Colorado. As for La Caille, the atmosphere is top notch but the food isn't as great for the price. I think it is worth going at least once. You desereve it!