Monday, August 24, 2009

Home grown Fun


Here in Utah there are a lot of Community events. Every weekend we see signs for Farmer's Markets, community theater, free movies in the park, small town festivals, parades, and fireworks. The summers here are really fun and there is a lot going on to take the kids to. So this weekend we took advantage of some community theater and enjoyed Draper City Art's production of Beauty and the Beast. Hallie particularly enjoyed the show, and the smile on her face was worth every penny we paid (and we didn't pay much, that's the beauty of community theater).


Hallie even put on a little glittery little number to support the princess in the play. Many of the cute little ones in the audience were dressed in princess attire, Dallas wasn't so into dressing the part, or getting his picture taken with the actors, but don't let this picture fool you, he enjoyed it all the same.


Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Jo's Stake/neighborhood Giant Green Jell-O festival where there was hot dogs, snow cones, cotton candy, face-painting, balloon animals, rock climbing, bouncy houses, fishing, jell-o eating contests and the like. The kids had a great time running around with their cousins and enjoying the festivities. I loved sitting outside enjoying beautiful weather and being with my family. It was a fun-filled, good old-fashioned weekend, just the kind I like!



Between the play and the party Hallie became "so itchy!" from her glittery dress, so we went to Wal-Mart where she picked out this $3 clearance iCarly shirt, who knew three dollars and bad fashion could make a little girl so happy?

The End.

7 comments:

MarySue said...

I'm happy for you (and a bit envious) for the wonderful summer weather and activities. I sounds perfect.

Ashley said...

How is that, playing outside in the afternoon? I have almost forgotten here in Phoenix:). Glad you are having a great time in Utah, but we miss you guys!

pam said...

Tell Hallie that I saw one of those monsters on my walk up the hill the other day. It was just sitting there on the road and wouldn't get out of my way. I think it had an injured leg or something so wasn't too scary.

Angela said...

Glad you guys are enjoying all the fun things to do in Utah!

Jill Bagley said...

love it love it love it!! green jello festival??? only in utah---ahhhh i miss it.
i love the line, who knew three dollars and bad fashion could make a girl happy. its SOOOO hard to let them dress themselves isnt it? especially when you get them clothes from gymboree or whatever, and the barette and socks are suppose to coordinate, but they wear the wrong ones with the wrong outfits!!! that is the cutest face that Hallie has while looking at the praying mantis. its funny because that face reminds me of maddie and savannah so much.

Dawn said...

What a fun time! It is always the cheapest purchases that prove to be the favorites. My kids LOVE icarly, I know they would love that shirt.

Karla Rauch said...

What fun... I wish there was more stuff like that to do around here. I am glad you guys are settling well. I love the mountains in the back ground... They are so beautiful.