Saturday, August 29, 2009

David Beckham in the house

So Dallas had his first soccer game this afternoon and scored two goals. Yea Dallas! Last year at the end of the season he was doing really well, but wasn't quite scoring goals, he'd get really close but not in. So Travis told him that he could have $5 a goal (actually we stole that from the Perkes, thanks Spencer!) but it totally worked, and Dallas scored two goals at his last game. So Dallas seemed to remember the $5/goal rule and made us reinstate it and pay up the $10 after his game today. With 15 more games on the horizon for Fall and Spring this could become a lucrative sport for the boy!

(you probably wouldn't even notice this, but the kids on Dallas' team had to turn their shirts inside out because the opposing team was wearing the exact same color, kind of funny.)


Note to self: men at office fantasy football draft parties don't truly appreciate cute football cupcakes. I think next time I'll throw out some turkey legs, that might get a better response, or maybe some cheeseburger flavored cupcakes. Oh well, I had a good enough excuse to bake I guess.

Someone had fun at the office party on Daddy's label maker. Can you tell who that was?

4 comments:

hendywow said...

Way to go buddy! We sure miss playing soccer with you all!

Becky said...

Go, Dallas! Go Dallas! Go dallas!

Spencer Perkes said...

Dallas,

Not fair, you got 10 dollars!!! Did you have fun at your soccer game? I wish I could have been there. I really miss you.

From,

Spencer

pam said...

Way to go, Dallas! And I had fun at the office fantacy football party even if I only participated in the food part. Thanks for letting me come.