Monday, July 27, 2009

July Run Down

Are you ready for this?

So we've been busy. We've been reuniting with friends and family and neighbors and I haven't had the time to sit and blog about it, so here's the cliff notes version.

Stephanie and Ellie came, we packed a lot of shopping, laughing (Stephanie is probably one of my favorite people to laugh with, she has one of those great infectious laughs that you can't help but laugh along with) into the two days she was here. I wish she'd move closer, the house next door is up for sale!

While Steph was here we went to visit Dawn and her new little one, and bonus for us that Dusty was in town too!

The kids loved holding Dawn's new baby.

I got a little crafty and made a blanket and burp cloth for Dawn's new addition.

Then after Stephanie's quick trip it was time for My family's reunion. My Dad has been getting us all together for a family reunion since they returned from their mission three years ago. The kids look forward to it every year. This year my Dad rented a cabin outside of Park City for some good old fashioned family fun.




We packed a lot of activities into our 3 days at the cabin, there were crafts, a talent show, hot tubing, cousin dance parties, Aunt Becky's treasure hunt, movies, swimming, hiking, a girls' afternoon in Park City, Heritage nights where Grandma and Grandpa taught about our ancestors, and lots of yummy food courtesy of Grandma. As my Dad would say, "A lovely time was had by all!"





After the reunion we fit in a little slip and slide with Toria who was visiting from Dubai, and Katie
and her kids before they headed back to Washington.



Then the kids snuck in a fishing trip with Dad and their cousins before our visit from our good friends and neighbors from Arizona.



Laurie and her kids came and stayed with us for a week and we packed all the Utah fun we could in.We went to Park City.

Temple Square.



The Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open house.



The neighborhood reservoir.



Bridal Veil Falls.

And we even took the Davies along to our other family reunion/Pioneer Day celebration where Grandpa Joe got his 1912 Packard out for everyone to ride on. Fireworks and camping out rounded out the reunion.


Then after the Davies went home we decided to take a family field trip to the Bingham Copper mine and check out the largest man made excavation. It's pretty crazy up there.

Those trucks look small from far away, but that is one of their tires that Travis and the kids are standing in front of.



And today, sadly, Dallas headed back to school to start the second grade. It seems way too early, but that is the way they do it here. Hallie and I were sad to see him go, but happy for him to make new friends and enjoy second grade. Hallie starts Kindergarten next week and then I really won't know what to do with myself.

I promise I won't even get sappy on you this time, even though I feel sad to see my kids grow up, because I'm too tired. I think I need a nap after that post, and you probably do too!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Holy long post! But I've been wondering when you were going to blog about all those things, so it's okay. I enjoyed it.

Becky said...

Phew, marathon post, I need to catch my breath!
I, too, have been looking forward to your blogdom return. Such an exciting summer you've had! Glad we could be apart of it and if Stephanie doesn't take the house next door then I will!

Ashley said...

Wow, you guys have been busy!!! Sounds like some great reunions. I think you guys just need to move back here:). I can't believe the kids there go back to school already! I though AZ was early. I have a feeling you will be doing some crafty things while the kids are in school.

pam said...

Enjoyed your long post and all the great pictures. You had a fun filled July. So glad to have shared most of it with you. Hope Dallas enjoys going back to school and I hope you manage to keep yourself busy while he and Hallie are gone during the days.

Steph said...

So glad you are back to blogging! What a fun July you had...I am glad I could be part of it!

Can't wait for September now!

And, yes! I want the house next door!