Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Girl's Day Out

Last Friday my sister's Angela and Becky, my mom, Hallie and I, and our long lost cousin Becca went for a girl's afternoon in SLC. We hit a number of interesting antique stores and had some yummy Greek food for lunch, but these were my favorite two stores that we went to.

First up, Mrs. Backer's Pastry Shop. They are located in the Avenues on 434 E South Temple. I've passed this bakery a number of times and repressed my desire to go in, but this was the day to make the leap, park in their lot, and go in and have ourselves some yummy baked goods. I'd highly recommend this cute little shop, they have some good desserts and really cute things for sale like aprons, cupcake stands, and lots of other Fancy Nancy type stuff. I wonder if they hold birthday parties for 31- year- olds?




Then Angela took us to this hip consignment shop called Emiliejayne. It was so cute. My favorite thing was the way the store was layed out. They grouped their items together by color and had many cool things, very cute and stylish. Worth a look, and the prices weren't bad either. They are at 801 south 800 east in Salt Lake.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the fun girls day. Emiliejayne is always one of my favorite stores to visit. And I'm glad we found your bakery. It's a good thing we had Becca there to tell us where everything was.

Courtney said...

Looks like lots of fun things to do and of course good company!

Steph said...

Looks so like a fun day...maybe we should check out that cute store this weekend!

Joy said...

Okay, that store is seriuosly to die for!! I can't wait to visit it when I am in town. Send me your email address so I can add you to my blog. joyouswilliams at gmail.

Joy said...

Ummmmm. Nevermind. I see that you left it for me...right in your post. Maybe I need to change the title of MY blog to 'my blonde ambitions', hahaha.

hendywow said...

I wish i could go shopping with you this summer, it looks totally fun and yummy as usual.