Monday, June 22, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Yesterday we returned from Las Vegas where we had gone for the wedding of our family friends John and Stephanie. It was a quick trip, and Travis couldn't come because he had to work, but I took Dallas and Hallie and we went with my mom and dad and had a fun time. John and I grew up in the same cul-de-sac and he's like a little brother to me, and Stephanie is the granddaughter of some family friends too. She's the granddaughter of my former Young Women's President who I love and admire, so it was so fun to go and see so many familiar faces at the wedding. We stayed at the JW Marriot resort and spa in Las Vegas which I'd highly recommend. It was far enough away from the strip that you didn't even feel like you're in Las Vegas (I'm not a fan of the whole gambling scene, especially with my kids in tow). The kids loved taking advantage of the beautiful pool they had at the hotel. Saturday morning we were up to swim by 8 a.m. and had the whole pool to ourselves.




Then Saturday afternoon was the wedding ceremony at the Las Vegas Temple. John's Grandpa was able to perform the ceremony as he is a temple sealer, it was a beautiful wedding and the bride and groom seemed very happy.

John's sisters' Mandy and Courtney are two of my best friends, and my kids love their children so it was fun to get to see all of them now that we all live in different states. Courtney's clan in particular have been close to my kids ever since they were born, Dallas and Seth are a week apart in age, and Hallie and the triplets are 4 months apart, and we all lived next door to each other when they were babies. So it was fun to catch up with them now that they live on the East Coast.



Then Saturday night it was time to party at the reception. Stephanie and John had the funnest color scheme with navy blue and lime green with orange for accents. The reception was so much fun, they had a kids area set up with crafts and games which kept the kids entertained all night, and then there was a DJ and dancing, which had Hallie in heaven, and then in tears when it was all over. I guess all good things have to come to an end at some point and much to Hallie's dismay we headed home after the reception. Dallas was so cute, he couldn't wait to meet the bride and groom because he told me that he had a really good feeling inside for them. I'm glad he is starting to understand the importance of families and has good feelings about new happy unions.



Now I'm doing laundry to get us ready for the next trip, this time Travis is coming and the kids are staying behind, but somehow I'm lucky enough to go to both, can't wait for Puerto Rico!

5 comments:

Becky said...

How I wish I could have joined you!! The Bagley reunion was great, but a cul de sac reunion would have been so fun! Looks like a blast and hope you gave big hugs to Courtney and Mandy's kids for me :)

pam said...

Great pictures! So good to remember all the fun we had at the wedding and the parties with all the old friends. Such a good time. Thanks for recording it in pictures.

Courtney said...

It was fun. I didn't take any pics at the reception so it was fun to see yours. Becky you were very missed!

Jen Rutter said...

Nancy-thanks so much for the pics. We were so sad we were not able to come. It looks like everyone had so much fun!

Dawn said...

So much fun!! Wish I was there. What great pictures, the cake is awesome. Have a blast in Puerto Rico and then come visit me!!