Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Portland Day Two



Day two in Portland was the day I think we were all excited for because we did our two favorite things: shop and eat. We headed to the boutiques on 23rd (I'm not sure if it was St. or Ave., Kate?) where there are tons of fun and unique shops and restaurants. We ate lunch at Pizzicato where my favorite thing was the Al Greco Pizza. It had gyro meat, tomatoes, basil, red onion, and feta cheese with tzatziki sauce on the side. I think I'm going to have to recreate this one at home.After all the shopping we headed to a relaxing dinner. My Mom had given me some money before we left for us to have a dinner out on her, and we did and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, thanks Mom! We decided to go for Indian food since some of our husbands don't like it and we do (that's me and Angela with the Utah born wimpy food husbands who put ketchup on tacos before they were steered right). We met Becky's beautiful sister-in-law Jill at the restaurant. Jill and her husband Jason live in Portland, so she helped us pick the restaurant. Hands down the favorite dish at the table was the coconut chicken curry. I made some the other night for my kids and they even liked it, I just had to call it something different, so I told Dallas it was chicken with a spicy sauce and he loved it. Had I called it curry,
he wouldn't have touched it. I'm all about creative food titles for kids.




Then when we were stuffed with Indian food we decided the only dessert we could fit in was gelato. There is a gelato place in the Pearl District (I think) that we had last time we were in town and went back for some more goodness. My favorite was the Pistachio, it's a good thing I live far away. Does it sound like all we did was eat? We kind of did. But there was enough walking around downtown Portland to even things out. All in all this was a fun day.


Charlie and Sterling were the only boys allowed on this day, but they were both so sweet, I'd say they are welcome on sister's day any day. Up next: Antiquing in Camas.

7 comments:

pam said...

You all look great and the food looks delicious. Wish I could have been there with you. Hope the little boys did O.K. with all that trapsing around. They do look content in the pictures.

Laura said...

I am soooo jealous. We loved the NW and I miss it all the time. My good friend lives in Camas and she loves it there. Can't wait to see what you did there. On a side note. I loved Becky's bag. I have been on the hunt for a great green bag. Will you ask her where she got it. I so want it!!!!

MarySue said...

I just got my ticket to Portland this hour. With my 2 beautiful sisters living there it is thee place to go in the summer and that's exactly what I'm doing. Such a fun post. You're great sisters.

hendywow said...

Your blog always makes me hungry!

Angela said...

p.s. Brian LOVES Indian food. He might not like the slanderous statement that he does not.

Toria said...

mmm- that naan is calling my name. Maybe pionner Katie can figure out how to make some whole wheat naan- then she can teach you- and you can teach us!

Toria said...

ok and I'll have to try those pizza toppings too. Summer time is all about CPK style pizzas at least every week right?!