Thursday, May 21, 2009

Portland Day Three

Day three in Portland was pretty laid back. We took our time getting ready in the morning and helped/watched Katie make some homemade bread. I'm talking from scratch here, she took actual grains of wheat, ground them into flour and turned it all into very delicious homemade bread. I've heard this could be done, but have not seen it in my adulthood. I say that because I know my Mom used to do this, but I can't recall the details. So I was very interested to learn how to make bread this way because I have many cans of wheat in my food storage and don't know what I'd do with them if I needed to use them. But never fear, Katie's here, and we took lots of step by step picture of the process which I will share with you tomorrow. But for today here's some pictures Becky and Angela and I took of out trip to Camas. Okay so it's more pictures of food than of us. We went to an awesome antique store, but first stopped for a burger at the North West's famous Burgerville. I didn't take any pictures at the antique store because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to and I think I was partly in a food coma from Burgerville. So humor me why I show some more pictures of food. I'm sensing a theme here...




Burgerville's burgers were fabulous, but I think their strength is in their shakes and sides. Last time I was there we had sweet potato fries, but this time their seasonal side was fried asparagus, Angela and I were just thinking we'd like some fried asparagus with a side of garlic mayo. Yum. Kind of like Japanese Tepura, only with a cheeseburger and strawberry shake on the side. Yum-O. While the three of us were having a fun day in Camas Katie was hard at work for her company Puj. Her presence was missed, but you'll see more of her tomorrow when I take you step by step through the bread making process. Trust me, you'll want to check it out.

4 comments:

hendywow said...

Yummy! Wow I miss you, Mrs. President.....

Karla Rauch said...

That looks like so much fun! All that food looks so yummy and so does the landscape around you. I am guessing those are all your sisters??? You guys are a bunch of beautiful woman. Have fun. I enjoyed reading about your adventure.

Karla Rauch said...

Okay, I meant to say the landscape looks beautiful, not yummy.... ha ha

pam said...

That fried asparagus does look really tasty. Glad you enjoyed Camas. How did you find your way without Katie? Aren't you still directionally challenged? Maybe Angela and Becky helped.